PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 11:15:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?  (Read 39101 times)
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 27, 23:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there's one thing about it that I like...every damn thing is *perfect*. Perfect handpainted textures, meshes, animations, seams...and this time the styles are kinda cute too, for average type sims (of which I don't have many but eh)

I hate the blatant advertising though. Just like with the dumb celeb sims. It's Simworld, right? Keep it that way... :roll:

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 27, 23:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pixelated"

I would, however, kill for these babies:

This is close:
hxxp://www.rensim.com/details.php?file=101

My sims never wear maxis clothes. Ever.
They hardly ever wear anything that uses Maxis meshes.
I actually like some of the meshes.
But I don't like the clothing textures.
I haven't bought a stuff pack yet and I won't be buying this H & M pack either.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 27, 23:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"

This is close:
hxxp://www.rensim.com/details.php?file=101

I have that! Cheesy

I don't use much Maxis clothing either, except for the pyjama pants for adult males. I like some of their kids and toddler clothes (striped overalls <3).  But... then again, I only play adult sims, to make a perfect family with a nicely furnished house, that I then abandon after playing it for one session. So I don't look for stuff for any other age category.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 27, 23:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lilyroseisapirate"
i really loved the little pink jumper...i just wish they had not paired it with high tops (slaps forehead) the individual stuff is ok, i just wish h and m was not plastered all over everything...

OFF TOPIC: nouk, WOW are those things that big, lol  :lol: (can i borrow some?)

crocs are ugly, but i want some cause they are comfy and i want to disgust my boyfriend

i didnt think old navy was a "poor store" to me old navy is epitome of white middle class, lol.

Have you ever seen their clearance? 1.97 for a t-shirt is pretty damned cheap. LOL

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 27, 23:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't consider old navy a poor store either.
I consider walmart and kmart  as poor stores.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 April 28, 02:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think this is one of Maxis/EA's better ideas.  My inner women's-liberal-arts-college-attending self might be screaming in agony at the blatant corporate selling out, but my outer fashionista is rather impressed.

I mean, when it comes to fashion, Maxis is fashion-er, what's a somewhat less offensive way to say 'retarded'?  Because there just doesn't seem to be a word for the depth of Maxis's incompetence on this front.  The shapes, the cuts, the colors...seriously, Maxis clothes offend my eyes.  I want to know what these people wear to work.  Actually, I don't, because if I saw it there'd probably be me hair-pulling, makeup-spackling, and screeching "Get thee to a Nordstrom's!" at the top of my lungs.  And the jewelry-laden stilletto-heeled (HELLO IT'S BEEN ALL ABOUT THE CHUNKY PLATFORM HEEL SINCE F/W '05) stuff frequently isn't an improvement.  And that's leaving out stuff like the candidates for Pescado's Whore Clothes Treasure Hunt at MATY.  *shudder*

So I see this as Maxis realizing they need help in this department and working with a company that has some idea of what's current.  H&M is a good choice because it's going to play better in Europe, and it's streetwear, and reasonably-priced IRL, so it feels more accessible to average players.  The meshes I've seen so far all look like they'll be terrific retextured, especially the store items!  In the right simmer's hands, I think the pack will be fantastic.

It would be nice if Maxis, who probably pocketed some change on this, had the decency to pass the savings along to players, but I suppose that's about as likely to happen as pigs flying.
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 April 28, 04:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

littlemisspirate, do u have a link to the "whore clothes treasure hunt" at MATY, i would like to read that. lol

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 April 28, 05:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lilyroseisapirate"
littlemisspirate, do u have a link to the "whore clothes treasure hunt" at MATY, i would like to read that. lol

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7914.0.html    :wink:
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 April 28, 05:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the link.  That thread is hilarious.  WTF? Children with boobs?  That creator is seriously ill.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 April 28, 06:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

helloo entertainment for the next few minutes.

This is terrifying

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
lazyviolet
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 April 28, 06:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was hoping that they'd have some of the lagerfeld, viktor & rolf and any of the non stupid looking things by stella mccartney. i just wish they'd come out with a stuff pack that was all about men or elders.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 April 28, 10:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agh that thread is hilarious. I actually have an outfit that would fit perfectly in there and I don't have a MATY u/n. ^^ Would someone put it up if it isn't already? Oh I found another. And another. Both of these are from 2-f0r-u.

http://2-f0r-u.de/startsims2.htm

(Donation sets - Advent Calendar - Whoreish Santa
        "             - Silvester - First outfit
        "             - February 05 - The Bondage Hooker
Female - Casual - Page 32 - Bottom Right)

The fourth was the first that came into my head...I have it on a sim in my game lol--she's a psychopath so that's why. ^^

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 April 28, 10:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lmao my old pink fetish dress got nominated XD I can't say I didn't see it coming  :lol:  but well, it wasn't intended to be worn on an everyday basis.

I've had quite a few giggles from that thread, and a few of them mixed with ewws. The kids with a C cup is the winner for me. *shudder*

Tchan - I actually like the shoes on that whore santa outfit. With a different dress they would be sweet.

How about the 3rd bottom row outfit (black, barely there one) from the new easter update?

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 April 28, 10:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you wear this??  :shock: What the crap were they thinking?  (If this has already been mentioned above, sorry, I was a lazy-ass and didn't read the first however many pages of this thread).

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 April 28, 10:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

looks like kids clothing.

Inactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: