PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 04:11:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Rose Buys New Hosting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rose Buys New Hosting  (Read 12000 times)
cookieface
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« on: 2007 July 15, 02:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read on RoseSim's site that she "buy a new large hosting" - does that mean she plans to increase her prices, if she claims she charges that much in the first place due to bandwidth?

She's also "fancied" it up a bit by adding a GIF that displays her latest hairs, ala PeggySims.

I can only think that she's soon going to increase her prices, since (quite honestly) she is improving with hair textures and animation.

Still, her improvements do not justify $2.50/hair, nor any sort of price increase if one is coming.

What's everyone else's opinion?

Notice:My site turnned to be more and more slowly these days,caused by some reasons like too many people are downloading items at the same time and also some sites hotlink my items,I am so sorry for this.<br>
To solve this problem,I buy a new large hosting and it has being work now.
Lwerszva
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 15, 13:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's got another domain name as well: www.rosesims.org. What bothers me is that she used a .org for her site. Aren't .orgs for charities and non-profit organizations and stuff?
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 15, 13:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lwerszva"
She's got another domain name as well: www.rosesims.org. What bothers me is that she used a .org for her site. Aren't .orgs for charities and non-profit organizations and stuff?

No, anyone can own a .org. At some point I do think it was a thought to set things up this way on the net, it never happened. Now any suffix (.com, .net, .org) can be bought by anyone and used for anything.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 15, 15:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The site still looks the same to me. Crappy. I never liked her layout. Not as bad as Peggy though, but almost nothing can beat the horrid blinking. I tried it in IE just to see, and it kept wanting me to install Chinese.
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 15, 20:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rose's site is a pain in the ass.  It loads slower than hell and trying to see the individual items can be quite difficult due to frames.  I actually love most of her work... except for her earlier hairs which I recently got from the booty and am very glad I did not pay for.  She really should not be charging for these.  (Yes, I know and agree, she shouldn't be charging for anything, but these are particularly horrendous.)  The site, however, has always driven me crazy.

That said she must make a ton by charging for individual items instead of a monthly fee.  When I was a supporter of paysites, I always preferred the ones that let you "donate" $9.99 and then download your heart out.  Not sure how others feel on that subject, but that was my personal preference.  I suppose if you only want one or two hairs it's actually cheaper to pay by the item.  

Another reason I'm glad to have found this site.  I no longer have to wait for her page to load to get to the goodies.  Just head on over to the booty and help myself.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 15, 20:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly Rose.. she chose GoDaddy as her new host.  She can be nailed as hard as Peggy if EA actually gets off their arse to do anything.  

It's interesting to note on her WhoIs that the name given as the owner of the site is not Rose.  Surprise.  We've got another Zadie/Emilie on our hands.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 15, 22:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like Rose Sims. I find her content to be....blech. I guess it's good but not my taste at all. idk

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
PrincessKoriandr
ARR!

Inflicting Butthurt one Paysite at a Time...

View Profile WWW
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 16, 01:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
Quote from: "Lwerszva"

No, anyone can own a .org. At some point I do think it was a thought to set things up this way on the net, it never happened. Now any suffix (.com, .net, .org) can be bought by anyone and used for anything.

Yep! I own a .org and its a Fanfiction/Fanart site. The .net and .org wanted was taken, damit!

Manpanties and Butthurt - The new feel good words of 2008.
Shotgun Mary
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 16, 02:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the rosesims.org doesn't work for me

lways remember: Do not meddle in the business of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 16, 02:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because that's not her site address. I don't know what the crap that is supposed to be. Sure did confuse me =|

Simsbaby
Landlubber

INTP - I DID do it!

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 16, 02:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lulz...
The url is www.rosesims.org , but on the picture at the top of the page it still says  www.rosesims.net. Tongue
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 16, 02:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I keep typing in rosesims2.net =|

ETA: On the tab the name says "Rosesims2free"

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 16, 02:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloody hell. The stupid flowers in the menu rotate. She's now trying to hypnotize people into giving her money.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 16, 02:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are making me sick. What happened to the little peggy ma bobber?

Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Rose Buys New Hosting
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 16, 13:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those twirling flowery thingies...are.getting.into.my.brain. Please someone, gimme rum, fast!  :shock:

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: