PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 19:21:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 100745 times)
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #45 on: 2006 December 13, 01:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas is a time bomb waiting to go off. He's already gone off. Windkeeper has gone off. And now this "news" thing and new thread for the bullshit is causing more FAs to go off, and some SAs.

Odd though, I was a silver award holder prior to this and now I've been wiped from the face of the map. I'm not anywhere to be found on any of the creator lists. Although, I can't say I really want to be on any of Thomas's lists. But still, a silver to nothing?

Actually, you can tell PMBD is making an impact because at least one of the comments in the batch that was deleted went something like... "as long as we're copying MTS2 why don't you make everything free". I'm assuming that poster is no longer alive.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #46 on: 2006 December 13, 01:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im still slowly getting through that thread over there...why is it on-topic to kiss the asses of the people who posted in the thread (windkeeper, cyclonesue, etc) but off-topic to say you don't like the new changes (or that the changes are favoring quantity over quality)?  :roll:
i'm sorry i missed the "copying mts2" post....because it seems like thats what they ARE doing, well, excluding the whole paying for items thing (Oh and paying creators thing).
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #47 on: 2006 December 13, 01:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooohhh, you noticed that too. Yeah, I'm ready to puke reading it now. It's going nuts but it really is that. Kiss the asses of TSR admin and the FAs and you'll live. Tell Thomas what you really think of his grand plan and you get nuked. Mmmm... sort of reminds you of communism.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #48 on: 2006 December 13, 01:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "elmazzz"
I have lost almost all my desire to create for TSR, especially when critique doesn't seem to be allowed here. You either have to think like the "big shots" or you are not allowed to think at all. I think ALL creators and their oppinions should be respected and taken into consideration, otherwise a lot of people will leave TSR making the site a lot less diversed

How long do you think that comment will stay up? lol
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #49 on: 2006 December 13, 01:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet it's nuked already.  :lol:  I read it though. Thomas has already threatened that poster a couple times. I imagine sooner or later they'll disappear.

I have to admit though, from a creator standpoint. I've lost my interest as well. This may have just been the straw that broke the llama's back.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #50 on: 2006 December 13, 01:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just gets more and more ridiculous. Fuck's sake...

Also

Quote from: "Thomas"
Also, please consider the thanks as a consolation while you're working yourself back to an award - they are not given out by chance, they really mean thank you

What an INCREDIBLY condescending fucktard. My god, if that was me who he'd said that to...God, I would so be banned from there right now.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #51 on: 2006 December 13, 02:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh yeah those thanks really are going to console them after losing their awards.
thanks are supposed to be better than ratings and almost as rewarding as an actual award, yet he has made it so that people GET kudos for GIVING thanks...so people will just randomly thank people in order to get kudos, oh yeah thats soooooo much better than the ratings system right? either way people are going to abuse it just to raise their own point scores.
As long as people get points for doing shit on tsr, the system is fucked. No matter what changes they make....its like the benes bullshit on the exchange.  A neon-painted tshirt gets 200 thanks not because its a wonderful tshirt but because people wanted the kudos points

and i just noticed (i looked at my damn kudos score to see why it was suddenly big) someone bookmarked me as an artist yet ive only uploaded one thing and it was forever ago...what the hell? do they get points for bookmarking people too?

He's an asshole, why would anyone want to stay there after the way he talks to them like they're annoying worthless pieces of shit.
wyrdwing
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #52 on: 2006 December 13, 02:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Thomas is a time bomb waiting to go off. He's already gone off. Windkeeper has gone off. And now this "news" thing and new thread for the bullshit is causing more FAs to go off, and some SAs.

I meant the sort of timebomb where the whole site explodes into little pieces and we all gather round and party with rum... or something.  :lol:
Man i'm hope i'm there to see that when and if it happens. It'll be interesting.  :twisted:

Mmmm... sort of reminds you of communism.

is this a 'you don't use tsr, tsr uses you' joke time?  Cheesy
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #53 on: 2006 December 13, 02:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, that's good! Yes. Yes it is.  :lol:

I hear you on the timebomb thing. I'm sure I'll be there when it happens. I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. You can just feel the angst growing.

I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut in that thread. I'll get killed if I say what I really think and then I won't be able to go on and piss certain people off anymore.  Tongue

I see the abuse of thank yous coming. Like a hurricane. God, I remember so many "comments" I've gotten on my stuff that were lame, lame, lame. I almost replied back just to say "you just want kudos you little fucker". BUT I didn't.

Let people do stuff out of the goodness of their own heart. Then they'll mean it. Expect nothing in return. But, Thomas isn't honest so how can he expect his members to be honest?
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #54 on: 2006 December 13, 03:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and what i don't get is why paying members are putting up with the ads?!

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #55 on: 2006 December 13, 03:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wyrdwing"
Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"

I meant the sort of timebomb where the whole site explodes into little pieces and we all gather round and party with rum... or something.  :lol:
Man i'm hope i'm there to see that when and if it happens. It'll be interesting.  :twisted:

Mmmm... sort of reminds you of communism.

is this a 'you don't use tsr, tsr uses you' joke time?  Cheesy

If and when it 'splodes, a little bonfire dance would be fun. But don't hold your breath. There are big bucks involved and many people would sell their souls for money. *coughcarlaniven,retailsims,etc.cough*

Edited for surprisingly poor spelling.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #56 on: 2006 December 13, 03:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw jeez, you think Tom will buy out Carla? Ew. That would just add another heap of shit to the site.

Ya know, it's not a bonfire unless you can see if from space! I think TSR going splodey would qualify as that.  :wink:

Hey, here's another goody from that thread:

by AmberDiceless

Would it be possible to keep track of how many total thanks and/or recommendations we've received somewhere so we can see it at a glance?

Also, I have to ask, is rating by number of downloads really going to be that much more accurate than the five-star system? Granted, it won't be possible to downrate someone maliciously, but won't creators who take artful screenshots or who have many friends they can recruit to download their items now have an unfair advantage?

And isn't there anything you can do to compensate creators who have just lost their award status because of the changes? An honorable mention, something? I won't say it's devastating to have it taken away, but it's certainly discouraging. Seems like every new change that's come along recently has taken something else away from the non-FA's or added questionable value to the site at best, and cumulatively it's becoming kind of a bummer.

I echo that bummer Amber. I really do.
seapup
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #57 on: 2006 December 13, 03:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just more proof that paysites ARE evil and MUST be destroyed. Although I really didn't expect the owners of said sites to be so self destructive.  :lol:
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #58 on: 2006 December 13, 05:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR MUST BE DESTROYED!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #59 on: 2006 December 13, 08:44:13 »