PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 21:00:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A surprising new paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A surprising new paysite  (Read 31252 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: A surprising new paysite
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 11, 17:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to contact Sizz besides MTS2?  Has anyone else tried to contact Sizz?
And whoever said the original looks much better than the recolor is my newest drinking buddy.
I couldn't agree more...

Sizz is Korean, also a "she". I don't know how easy it is for her to communicate in English. I'd hate to have her get all upset and deal with DL on her own. What about the Animal Army instead? I'd like to see them go after her.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 April 11, 17:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just kind of decided that since there have been times in the past that she's said she's misunderstood something, or whatever else has happened, perhaps she'd be willing to allot that she didn't see it as a paysite, or something, and release it?  I messaged her.  I figure worse thing that can happen is she bans me. 

Meh. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 April 11, 17:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just kind of decided that since there have been times in the past that she's said she's misunderstood something, or whatever else has happened, perhaps she'd be willing to allot that she didn't see it as a paysite, or something, and release it?  I messaged her.  I figure worse thing that can happen is she bans me. 

Meh. 

Good idea. If she bans, that rather says it all. Let us know what response you get! Or if you can talk sense into her heh

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 April 11, 17:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. 

Oh well, I'm sure the other paysites will be happy to know they have a new excuse.  Roll Eyes They can "misunderstand" what is a paysite - while selling shit.  Rose uses that all the time - let's just stop calling her a paysite until she gets it, eh?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 April 11, 17:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her previous scraps with creators have little to do this. Unpleasant as they are, this is a completely different thing so bringing past stuff up is not particularly valid. Focus on this current situation yes Nouk I am talking to you *spanks*

Except that the reasoning behind all that, was because she was doing it for the sake of a truely free community, and that she as a pirate would not distinguish between free and pay... this payitem proves otherwise. You don't think that is of importance? Don't spank me if you're not wearing the sexy thong I sent you.

Inactive
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2008 April 11, 17:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll put my pitchfork down when she releases it to everyone. Until then, she runs a paysite.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 April 11, 17:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, I'm sure the other paysites will be happy to know they have a new excuse.  Roll Eyes They can "misunderstand" what is a paysite - while selling shit.  Rose uses that all the time - let's just stop calling her a paysite until she gets it, eh?

No, that's not what I meant.  I meant that she could say she didn't see it as a paysite esque thing to do, and just make it free.  I figure it couldn't hurt to ask. 

And of course.  It is a very paysite thing to do, and it is a payfile.  And she could tell me to STFU and ban me.  Or she could (in theory) say oh, I didn't really think about that part of it.  Is free now...  maybe?

FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 April 11, 17:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to contact Sizz besides MTS2?  Has anyone else tried to contact Sizz?
And whoever said the original looks much better than the recolor is my newest drinking buddy.
I couldn't agree more...

Sizz is Korean, also a "she". I don't know how easy it is for her to communicate in English. I'd hate to have her get all upset and deal with DL on her own. What about the Animal Army instead? I'd like to see them go after her.

Works for me.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 April 11, 17:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we should just wait to see what she does. Maybe it didn't occur to her that she is actually selling the content. Who knows.

Inactive
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 April 11, 17:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know. She was around here during our discussion about what is pay content... back in the dark ages of this site <grin>...I just don't know if she's really that oblivious or that arrogant, yanno?

<sigh>

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 April 11, 17:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's up now at the Animal Army forum. They can do with it what they like.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 April 11, 17:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Email:
Hi,
Umm... First off, I don't want to cause trouble, or start a fight, but it was pointed out to me that you added a donation file to the site. I'm confused, isn't that kind of like how paysites start? I mean, you've always been so open and clear that things created in this game should be free for all to have, and that the spirit of this community should be one where there aren't any restrictions on what you should be able to have. Have I misunderstood this donation file? I mean the general wording has more of a thank you for helping to support the site, but the bottom line appears to me that it is still a file that you have to pay to have, and that bats around thoughts of Peggy and Rose and others to me. Are you planning on making it free at the end of April, for everyone, and then having a new one for may that you make free at the end of the month, etc. Like a These special people can have this first, cause they are great, or is it a payfile? I know for me, it leaves me confused, and a little distressed, since it doesn't square up with what I believe in, as far as the "great pay vs. free" debate. I'd been thinking on it, talking about it, and then I decided the easiest way to get to the truth of this matter would be to ask you directly. I've always thought of you as an honest and straightforward person, so I know that you'll tell me the truth of the matter.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

Courtney

The response:
Paysites offer each file to be paid for, maybe a few free items here and there. In essence, they "sell" their items.
Some sites, like Holy Simoly, are wholey free sites that offer a package of items for people that support their site.
In essence, an incentive for donations.

DLMulsow's is a free site forever.
This site is absolutely nothing like Peggy or Rose, they freak if you share a file and most of their things are for pay.
They also ban you for sharing and refuse the gifts to known file sharers.
And yes, this file is a special gift for those that have helped to support the site to get it "first" like you say.
It was sent to everyone who has donated in the last year, not just last month!!
There is a read me file included that says to share them if they want. LOL
I am all for sharing Sims 2 custom content.
These things will be offered for everyone soon.

I don't plan on making these types of gifts on a regular basis.

If you feel uncomfortable being here or don't agree with how things are run here, I am sorry to hear that.
I hope that I have answered your questions to your satisfaction and that you will pass it on to those you
have discussed it with or will point me in the direction of the area where I can address the situation if one has developed.

Sincerely,
DLMulsow

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 April 11, 17:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So she seems to be pushing the envelope here. I guess once she offers it to everyone she's not a paysite anymore.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 April 11, 18:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the translation of hre reply: "I say this isn't a pay item, so it's not. So fuck off."

Gah.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 April 11, 18:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so:
- free content on the net should be freely shared and modded at all times and by anyone without delay, doing anything else and it's NOT free!
- except this item of mine that's not actually mine and wich you can only get when money has been exchanged, if not, you will have to wait. This is however 100% free!

In other words: I only follow my own rules when it's convenient, I do what I want, but I won't let anyone else do what they want because different rules apply for their stuff.

Inactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: