PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:27:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?  (Read 15055 times)
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
Ok, Carla Niven sucks. But what about Simchic?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 13, 03:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't like SimChic's original textures for most of their stuff.  Photoskinning is almost always terrible.  Their mesh shapes are okay and I haven't seen any terribly stretched mapping, but the animation's pretty bad... they are using Meshtool for bad, bad things.  Knees coming through hems and suchlike.  It's not a pretty sight, and it offends me as a mesher, knowing that's totally fixable and just a sign of shoddy meshing.
tsyy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 13, 07:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think with most of these sites don't really give a crap if the mesh is quality or not just as long as they can get someone to pay for it.

Simchic has some nice meshes, but most of their stuff I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 13, 08:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only browsed 'chic after its stuff ended in the booty - and no, I don't want anything from there, thank you very much. It's so average and boring that it's fit for nothing, either for serious use or for laughs (like Niven's kitschy stuff can be used). I guess it's the case of being 'popular because it's popular'.

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 13, 08:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tsyy"

Simchic has some nice meshes, but most of their stuff I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Agreed. I have all their meshes in game-but none of their textures :lol:
tsyy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 13, 10:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is the only reason I've downloaded anything from them.  Many sites use their meshes but do a better job with the textures.
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 13, 11:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "obscurity"
I don't like simchic's stuff, especially their meshes with those terribly deformed high heel feet.

God!  I know, I despise those crappy shoe meshes, I have complained about it before, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about.  They just have like this weird triangle thing between the heel and the rest of the shoe, some of their clothes are decent, then the shoes just ruin it all.  I try to avoid their stuff now, because I get in in game and just can't stand to look at those hideous shoes!  I've never seen any of their pay stuff, but I'm sure it's not any better than the crap they have for free.
Helena
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 13, 11:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use some of their meshes for my clothes, but I agree, that their heels are disgusting Sad
I never use their clothing in my game.
and I have sort of dejavu, when I see this dress

I've made this one myself and I've seen at least 3 copies of it, 2of which were pay! I'm starting to hate this dress Cheesy
It is so sad, that there are not so many nice meshes and I have to use their ones Sad

Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 February 13, 14:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like their stuff that much either.

I have so many retextures for this fullbodybootcut mesh in my game, it is the mesh with the most retextures I have in my game - but only because a close friend changed the mesh for me, so that the waist isn't so rediculous small and the butt so strangely big anymore. It overwrites the original mesh, but uses all textures...

I also have some more meshes in my game, but only because other talented people retextured them and included the mesh.
Some of Simchics everyday clothes are quite nice, it really depends on the creator.

ScreamMyName
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 February 13, 14:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their clothes were good once. Before Shortyboo's time... now they simply suck! I don't even download their stuff for free anymore!
the meshes are okay I guess. No one else is providing meshes with shoes that look "normal" except Sera sometimes (who cares that shes stealing?)
simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 February 13, 18:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"
they're not nearly as bad as Niven, who has no skins worth downloading and contributes nothing to the community... except amusement.
Eheh, well, I guess I'm pretty partial it comes to SimChic.
Lets just say I wouldn't download their stuff even if it was a free site.
I make skins myself, and I notice very easily when a texture was made badly, and SC skins are.
They look like they were rushed off, with no care over details at all. All of the most of their textures looks like the creator just took the picture and pasted it over the skin, with no further adjustments.

Speaking of meshes, I gotta say that some of their meshes are useful; not pretty, not well done, but useful, since they're so many and they're freely redistributable. I can't judge for their technical quality since I'm not really an expert mesher.
It's a bit of a sham to admit it, but I even liked a couple of their meshes.. I loved the "nails" accessory mesh when it came out, for example.

This is very far from saying I like their meshes, tho. As someone else mentioned, their feet are.. erm.
The heels are not the problem; I like stiletto heels. The whole foot is disturbing. So thin, small, and yep, the heels are probably a bitt to much high.
Quote from: "frivolous"
for God's sake nobody wears high heels to go swimming.
Marylin did
I confess: I like sim swimwear with shoes and heels, and I even made a couple as well
I rarely make my sims actually *swim*, I'm more likely to just take them and bring them to the beach to eat sandwiches, play darts and stay with friends. And what's wrong in going to the beach wearing heels? I mean, I do that.
Seriously, I love stiletto heels (even if I can't walk on em and they make me look like a drunk goose, *cough*cough*), and I quite like meshes with heels (stiletto or not)

Quote from: "Angelo"
The pants in those pictures look blurry and terrible, and the artist was too lazy to even line up the sleeves on the jacket.  They can't even be bothered to make a simple correction that would only take a few minutes?
The worst thing is that "the artist" is CrecheBaby herself. I wouldn't find it so offensive if they were made by someone else of the staff, or a guest artist. I mean, why should they even care about quality? It's not their site. I believe they're paid on the basis of how many skins they make.
But Creche? She's the site owner. I would be fuc*ing embarassed to have such things on my own site.

Quote from: "Carisssa"
only because a close friend changed the mesh for me, so that the waist isn't so rediculous small and the butt so strangely big anymore. It overwrites the original mesh, but uses all textures...
Would you share it privately? I hate that mesh too.. so unrealistic, in a sort of weird, pinup-ish way  :?

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 13, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to point out to you, Simplystella, that SC's nail mesh is really shoddy.  The ring finger nails are not only shifted toward the front of the hand, but they're not even on the same level as the rest of the nails.  I can spot a SC nail recolor from a mile away. The only way to sucessfully photograph those nails is to look at them dead on.  MTS2 has a MUCH better nail mesh.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 14, 00:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:oops: I must be the only person in the world who likes SC's heels-with-bikinis, huh? I dunno why I like them, and they're naff when they're actually swimming, but they look good for clicking about the backyard by the pool...
I like a lot of SC's stuff, but the celeb stuff is mostly shit.
*has a sub there*

EDIT: *cancelled sub today coz everything is rubbish now*

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
aboutagirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 14, 01:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think some of their stuff is ok, but the shoes... ugh Sad
lingeringviolet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 14, 01:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to download some of their free things before they wen to complete shit and even then I had to wade through a bunch before I found one or two I liked. I only like a couple of their meshes and that's all I have from them in my game. When the booty first came up, I downloaded all of SimChic's stuff but once I got it in game...oh my god. I remember I spent one entire weekend deleting that crap. Also, THANK YOU! for saying something about those heels. Those feet are way deformed and misshapen. It drives me crazy to finally see a dress I like but then I look down at the shoes and just...ugh.
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 14, 02:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use simchic nails simply beacause the mts2 nail mesh is shiny, and they re aren't alot go realistic non-designed textures for the mts2 nails.

If someone could remove the shine, then i would sue them

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: