PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 12:26:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84253 times)
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #240 on: 2007 October 12, 08:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're just covering their asses. Not very well, though.  :lol:

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #241 on: 2007 October 12, 08:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm worried about is idiots like these that will just let EA get away with this:

Quote from: "simqueen116"
So here's a newfangled idea for you...
Thank you so much SMDrea!!!!

Am I seriously the only one seeing her secuROM update as a great thing?! They told us how to disable the blasted thing! And all I see is more complaints about how EA is such a cruel company who is ignoring their fanbase. They've been working on this ever since the secuROM thing happened. They've given us a way to disable it. The SMs have been incrediably friendly and tolerable (well...most of them.) over this whole deal. I understand that many people had serious damage done to their computers. I do feel for them, I really do. I just can't belive how anti-EA this place has become. Do you expect them to remove this program from their games? From a financial standpoint, that would cost a phenominal amount. So I understand why they wouldn't want to remove it. They've done so much for us. I personally am happy with their solution. I am an EA customer. While this wasn't the world's best solution, it was the best one for us.

Thank you very much EA and Sony for giving us so much info, when in all reality, you didn't have to.
Simqueen

Translation: "Yay!  They've given us a way to get rid of SecuROM!  Just uninstall Bon Voyage and never play it again, see how nice these people are?!  If you don't want your systems to have problems just get rid of BV!  You people have to understand, forget about the fact that SecuROM was installed on your computer without any disclosure or consent, and think of the fact that they actually gave us a cool way to disable it!  Thank you so much, EA, I look forward to letting you damage my future computer, as well as the computers of all your other customers! ^_^"

Edit: There's also THIS moron:

Quote from: "kingnick1100"
...I am extremely sick and tired of all of the stupid complaints and ridiculous stories that people have about SecuROM.

SecuROM will not harm your computer.

Even if it could completely ruin your computer, which it can't, it will not ruin your life. You may have lost money from it, but it isn't the end of the world. Everyone just needs to get over the whole SecuROM thing as it cannot wreck your computer.

fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #242 on: 2007 October 12, 08:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kingnick1100"
...I am extremely sick and tired of all of the stupid complaints and ridiculous stories that people have about SecuROM.

SecuROM will not harm your computer.

Even if it could completely ruin your computer, which it can't, it will not ruin your life. You may have lost money from it, but it isn't the end of the world. Everyone just needs to get over the whole SecuROM thing as it cannot wreck your computer.

Yes, because obviously for some people losing money be it on a game or your computer you take in to have repaired, is no big deal.  :roll:

I was going to reply to him but really don't see the point because it seems his mind is made up.  I wonder when/if they are going to tell us anything about SecuROM and Vista being incompatible.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #243 on: 2007 October 12, 09:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this, Maxis?

The words are 'MIA: Tattoo Icon' by the way.

PATCHFIX, I SAY!!

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #244 on: 2007 October 12, 09:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh they're doing perfectly well for what we are trying to do.
Let them do this publically... more proof of them looking down on, and using their fanbase just how they see fit.

Inactive
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #245 on: 2007 October 12, 09:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To tell you the truth, EAxis has been becoming more Paysite-ish. I hate irony.

quote="Black Rose"]

deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #246 on: 2007 October 12, 17:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pinksmoke"

It's always been Paysite-ish considering the only way you could gain access to it, was by registering a legitimate copy of their game(s) which you had to pay for.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #247 on: 2007 October 12, 19:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MaxoidSam"
If this were to happen, then the things we and Sony DADC been claiming to be true about SecuROM would be proven false, and we'd have to do something about it.
For those who are not sending in analysis files because of trust issues, I am working on getting more specifics about what exactly is in the analysis file. Please check this thread for updates.

Seriously, guys, if you have SecuROM on your system and it's disabling your burning stuff and whatnot, antivirus, etc, humor him.  Follow these dumb steps, get your "ticket" processed, blah blah blah, prove them wrong.  Then they'll see that they are idiots and WRONG about the product they did not research.  Edit: Wait, no, don't do this yet until they reveal what information is being sent back in their "analysis reports".  And even if they tell us, can we trust it?  This is the only thing that would hold people back from following his instructions...cuz who knows what kind of info the report transmits.

Found in this important thread.

WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #248 on: 2007 October 12, 20:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am without a doubt totally computer tech challenged. I will be, at some point, taking my computer to the shop where it was custom built, along with all necessary documents relating to Securom for its removal.
As for EAxis, this is the last time I will buy any of their products. As fast as threads and postsare being put up on the exchange, they are being deleted, and banning people seems to be their way of trying to control what is now an uncontrolable situation, as far as I can see. It doesn't matter how EA words it, the sheer number of complaints is far more than 41....
Now that the cat is out of the bag (so to speak) EA simply cannot backpedal fast enough.
I live in Canada and am in the process of filing a complaint with one of our government agencies. I am being advised that our copyright laws are extremely strict, and that in spite of the fact that EA is an American company, I still have a very strong and compelling case. The downside to it is that if they get enough complaints, and an investigation is launched, the outcome could be that EA will not be allowed to sell their products in Canada, unless they release products with the securom removed from them, or in BOLD print, include ALL information the package contains, including whatever they chose to include besides the game itself.....
For now I have to bear the repair costs myself, and unless a class action suit is brought against them from my country, I am SOL.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #249 on: 2007 October 12, 23:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wedgewood...which agency did you file the complaint with?
I'm wanting to do the same thing. My location is Western Canada(Alberta) and trying to find info online is a bit tricky as filing consumer complaints is somewhat new to me.
I'm mostly pissed because the roughly $60 dollars spent on unuseable software could have gone towards paying my student loans off.
I wouldn't have bought it or H&M knowing they had Sony created copyright programs on them. I am also completely daft when it comes to techie stuff and as mentioned earlier will probably have to go get my computer checked at some point because of this.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #250 on: 2007 October 13, 01:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deathtotsr"

It's always been Paysite-ish considering the only way you could gain access to it, was by registering a legitimate copy of their game(s) which you had to pay for.

I thought that was pretty okay since it's legal. But by more paysite-ish, I mean they're becoming more of a pain in the ass than trolls and n00bs and Thoma$$.

I don't want EA Games to be closed down, since Sims 2 is still a pretty much, if you ignore the glitches, fun game.

Oh, but they could also have rushed to the release date to gain more purdy moneys. What Jackasses.

May I ask if I download the 'Cracked' copy, and uninstall Securom, will I still be able to play with my original families?

quote="Black Rose"]

Pucci
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #251 on: 2007 October 13, 04:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask if I download the 'Cracked' copy, and uninstall Securom, will I still be able to play with my original families?

I haven't played with a cracked copy but from what I know about it there is no reason it should mess with your files in "My Documents > EA Games" so, yes.
tsyy
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #252 on: 2007 October 13, 04:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA won't be closed down but they do need to be held accountable for this shiturom mess.  

I frankly won't be buying anymore of their messes.  Seasons was the last game for me eventhough BV looks like fun.  I just don't want the hassles anymore.

People play the game for fun.  When the fun starts to be a headache it is no longer worth the energy.

ETA: They also need to be held accountable for the shittastic crap they've been releasing as well as the craptastic treatment of their customers.  

I've been bitter since the Uni fiasco. :evil:
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #253 on: 2007 October 13, 06:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you used a cracked copy or a legit copy, as long as you don't run the game from the exe provided or the launcher, and use a no-cd crack, SecuROM won't be installed on your computer, from what I've read on MATY and the internet.  I haven't had SecuROM put on my computer doing this yet, and I've been playing it the last few days and constantly checking to make sure.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #254 on: 2007 October 13, 08:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "markusrandall"
Wedgewood...which agency did you file the complaint with?
I'm wanting to do the same thing. My location is Western Canada(Alberta) and trying to find info online is a bit tricky as filing consumer complaints is somewhat new to me.
I'm mostly pissed because the roughly $60 dollars spent on unuseable software could have gone towards paying my student loans off.
I wouldn't have bought it or H&M knowing they had Sony created copyright programs on them. I am also completely daft when it comes to techie stuff and as mentioned earlier will probably have to go get my computer checked at some point because of this.

Here's the direct link for the Alberta one, you can still use the one I posted earlier for the Feds as well (it'll help to get as many gov't bodies on their case as possible):

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/index.cfm?fuseaction=section:consumers
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: