PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 21:26:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...  (Read 117992 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Re: Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...
« Reply #90 on: 2008 April 20, 22:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the moment, I'll move their folders into "retired artists" even though they're not listed as retired, until the stuff is taken off pay. I've contacted them at GoS about their plans for their files; stay tuned.

ETA: I just heard from Aikea - they're not going to be able to host all their items on their new site, so I'm contacting the Sims2Graveyard Keeper about their files. Somehow, we'll make sure all of their stuff remains available.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 20, 23:22:46 by Hecubus » Logged

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 April 20, 23:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great. I hope more TSR artists (and subscribers,) see the light as Aikea and Gelydh have.

This is better than Mother Nature getting ready to bitchslap this backwards town (and me,) with a tornado. Grin
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 April 21, 00:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sits listening to the crumbling of the TSR empire*  It's a good day to be a pirate.  All I can say is that Thomas & Steve are getting what they deserve.  Wonder what they are going to do when they have to get "real jobs"?

Congrats to Aikea & Gelydh!  I hope that if they read here (which is a high probability) that they know we will be glad to help them. 

Now, who's next?  Place your bets.  Wink

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 April 21, 00:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is better than Mother Nature getting ready to bitchslap this backwards town (and me,) with a tornado. Grin

I hope everything is alright, Elfen. Get in a basement or somewhere else safe.   
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 April 21, 00:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! I am a huge fan of Gelydh. This is very good news! I love their new site, it's nicely designed with wonderful free goodies Smiley
I hope that once set free in their own domain, they regain that love for the game that spurrs them on to create great content, without the pressure of "dish out or boot out" mentality.
I am more partial to believe that sort of attitude is what makes most content in TSR borky, since it's "dish it out! NOW! we need more bait! more lure!"
blerch. Yay to Aikea and Gelydh!  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
pikkonoloidlee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 April 21, 02:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a wonderful Day!  Grin  TSR is crumbling so fast I have a feeling that they'll be completely destroyed soon and maybe all of the other paysites ill start crumbling as well...then again most paysites don't use other peoples talent to make money...but I hope that the subscribers will see how ridicuolous the whole situation is and leave too. That would be a perfect end!   Wink
Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 April 21, 12:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope everything is alright, Elfen. Get in a basement or somewhere else safe.   

Thanks Snarky. Smiley We're all ok now. *phew* No tornadoes, but the flooding.  Undecided Thankfully, it didn't reach the house. However, I seem to have a plague of little frogs every where.  Huh Cute little buggers though.  Cheesy

Back on topic though, yes, I think Aikea and Gelydhs' site is put together very well. Part of me wonders if TSR will go free, but accept voluntary donations (like MTS2 and InSim.) I think if TSR ever did that, then maybe my hatred of that site will subside...just a little.
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 April 21, 13:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Back on topic though, yes, I think Aikea and Gelydhs' site is put together very well. Part of me wonders if TSR will go free, but accept voluntary donations (like MTS2 and InSim.) I think if TSR ever did that, then maybe my hatred of that site will subside...just a little.

I can't see that ever happening. TSR are a business, not a fan site. If they start haemorrhaging money the same way as they are FAs, then they'll look to other ways of ripping people off or just cut their losses and shut down. One thing you can be sure of though, is that they'll never go free.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Rebbie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 April 21, 19:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say this:

Hey, Aikea or Gelydh, if you're reading here, please feel free to post and say hello. I can assure you that you'll have a very warm welcome, and lots of rum will head your way.

Yay for good news! With all of the negativity surrounding paysites, especially TSR, it's always a great week when we have people going free, dumping shitty paysites, and bitches getting fired (talking about Atwa).

Time for a happy dance! *jig*
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 April 21, 19:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Aikea or Gelydh, if you're reading here, please feel free to post and say hello. I can assure you that you'll have a very warm welcome, and lots of rum will head your way.

Totally agree - we'd have nothing but good stuff to say.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 2008 April 21, 19:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if they've found their way here yet - they still seem to be reeling from the big resignation yesterday. I've been talking to them both over at GoS, and if there was one word to describe their mood, I'd say it's 'relieved'. I'm working with them on getting their files in the right places, and actually, they asked for a bit of help:

If you have had problems with a Geyldh or Aikea mesh crashing your game, please PM me and let me know which ones. We're going to look at the original files v. the files we get from TSR v. the cleaned files in the booty, and see where any problems might be. I only need a few to test, and I probably won't PM you back, just know I say thanks, and I'll tell you all to knock it off when we have enough to test.

Oh, and I'll tell them to come join us, and to ignore any bad shit we might have said about them before, when they were part of the Evil Empire. LOL

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Microwaves Dream
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 April 22, 10:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't actually have a mesh crashing my game, I have a mesh missing. lol

It's the mesh for ShellShock, flannel shirt for AF.
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/gelydh/downloads/sims2/meshes/620496/

I downloaded from the Booty (thank god for you guys having the patience to remove whatever clutter and spyware TSR attempts to include) and didn't notice the missing mesh until I booted the game.

Devilfish:[blah blah] a posse of n00bs shows up, people with 6 (six!) posts to their name feel free to trashtalk a valued forum member [blah blah]
Fact check: I have six posts. I have been here since 06. Not n00b.
Not a PMBD groveler = n00b?
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 April 22, 10:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Microwaves Dream, that mesh is in the booty. I know it is, because I have shirts in my game that use the same mesh, and they work just fine.

So, dig around, you will find it. Smiley

(Oh, and just that you know, this is not a WCIF forum, so if you want to find it, you need to search for it yourself in the booty. We're not going to do it for you.) Wink

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 April 22, 16:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't actually have a mesh crashing my game, I have a mesh missing. lol

It's the mesh for ShellShock, flannel shirt for AF.
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/gelydh/downloads/sims2/meshes/620496/

I downloaded from the Booty (thank god for you guys having the patience to remove whatever clutter and spyware TSR attempts to include) and didn't notice the missing mesh until I booted the game.
It's not that one, for me. I had a crash when switching from AF separates to AF outfits. The Shellshock shirts look lovely and work. Lost me three sim-days of play. I was too pissed to do binary last night. I'm sure it was my own fault.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 April 22, 17:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karminger, did you download Gelydh's Metal Postcard set? The mesh from that was crashing my game (and it's an AF full-body mesh) - filename is MESH_Gelydh_AF-FB-ShortsandBoots_REA28-022408.package .

(And yes, I have PM'd Hec about it - along with a dozen other people, I'm sure.)

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: