PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 12:09:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  well these are preeettyyyyyyy....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: well these are preeettyyyyyyy....  (Read 55953 times)
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
well these are preeettyyyyyyy....
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 19, 09:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
I did Tongue

I've been talking about Doctor Who incessantly with anyone who will let me since Saturday, and the previous post I made in this thread sent me off to make a Pirate Martha avatar.

Brill, another DW fan Cheesy Hey to madbonney as well Cheesy

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 19, 09:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anyerfillag"
I did Tongue

I've been talking about Doctor Who incessantly with anyone who will let me since Saturday, and the previous post I made in this thread sent me off to make a Pirate Martha avatar.

More whovians! I spent the last 10 mins of saturday's episode squeeing incessantly, then had to explain who the Master was to my less geeky housemates. Have the rest of you seen the ihasatardis community on LJ?
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 19, 09:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read some of the stuff at ihastardis before, but have as yet to get a LJ account - sooo good :lol:

edit = screw that, just got an LJ (check www below)

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 19, 11:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Minolia"
Quote from: "Anyerfillag"
I did Tongue

More whovians! I spent the last 10 mins of saturday's episode squeeing incessantly, then had to explain who the Master was to my less geeky housemates. Have the rest of you seen the ihasatardis community on LJ?

WTF?? The Master?? As in the Master from the old old ones??
Kraken
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 June 19, 11:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch, I remember the old Doctor Who's but I have to say I like the new series better.

And Marhis!  What are you doing with a pic of Pescado! :lol:  :lol:
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 June 19, 12:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aikane"
WTF?? The Master?? As in the Master from the old old ones??

Yep! Cheesy He's back and crazier than ever.

Quote from: "Kraken"
Ouch, I remember the old Doctor Who's but I have to say I like the new series better.

My dad was 12 when the first ever series aired :? That reminds me of just how old he really is.

Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 June 19, 12:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet! I loved the old episodes with the Master...with the Brigadier being a pain and the Doctor's car Cheesy

I wish the ABC would play them all again...that was awesome when they did.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 June 19, 12:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to watch the old series religiously on PBS every saturday night.  The new series is alright, but to my eye, they seem to have gotten rid of the whimsicalness of the Doctor.

Not saying the new series is bad, its good enough, its just a far darker series then the original.

Did I ever mention the dream I had with me running around in a tar....

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 June 19, 12:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The news series has had it's dark moments, but I don't think it can get any darker then when Sixth tried to kill Peri (by strangulation) after he regenerated from #5 in "The Twin Dilema"

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 June 19, 12:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I watched the first episode after Davidson changed.....and promptly forgot to watch after that.  I did not like the 6th doctor at all, he was.....well, bad casting, and I'll hold to it - McCoy on the other hand was a good doctor.

www.thestormradio.com
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 June 19, 12:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm undecided about #6; I've not watched enough to make my own decision. The Doctor I was introduced to first by my dad was John Pertwee, who along with Peter Davison are my favourites.

Kraken
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 June 19, 12:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go along with Jon Pertwee as one of the best doctors in the whole series and yes I agree,  the present Doctor Who's are darker.

Anyone briefly remember the film they made, a good few years ago now, with that millenium clock in it?  Rumour then was the re-birthing of the Doctor Who series'.  Took them long enough to accomplish it.

Out of all the Sci Fi series that have been on TV I am still a Babylon 5 fan despite its demise. :
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 June 19, 13:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm torn between Tom Baker/Davidson era Dr. Who and Red Dwarf, just because....I like whimsical.

Though Star Trek is another classic.

www.thestormradio.com
madbonney
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 June 19, 13:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "madbonney"
Actually... *shamefaced*  That first one is kinda good.  It'd be perfect for my David Tennant Doctor Who Sim if it were just shorter at the sides.

Ooh, you're absolutely right! I have been looking for a decent 10th Doctor hair for ages, and maybe with a bit of tweaking this one will do. Of course, if you DO make a sim of Tennant, I'd love to see it. I've been trying to do the 9th and 10th Doctors, Rose, Martha and Jack for awhile but I just can't seem to get them right, I suck at making sims of real people.

/geek mode

I have a bunch of free Sim skins at TSR.  My username is naceygirl.  I *just* finished a beautiful Martha Sim, (If I DO say so myself), I'm so freakin' proud of it.  Here's a link to my downloads at TSR:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/cmid_1515838/sims2/sims/

Martha isn't up yet, I only did her last night.  (That sounds wrong bwahaha).  I'm not entirely happy with the messy mesh for Tennant, so seeing that other one, it's very apt for this season.  Again, if I can get rid of the shaggy bits on the side.  :T  You reckon it can be alpha'd away with little problem?

Okay, enough of me swerving this thing ENTIRELY off topic.  And before I get any spankings for having my stuff at TSR, I'm kinda pirating lots of perfectly good bandwidth off them.  I'm not sure what the stance is on that here. Smiley
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 June 19, 14:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SoggyFox"
Well, I watched the first episode after Davidson changed.....and promptly forgot to watch after that.  I did not like the 6th doctor at all, he was.....well, bad casting, and I'll hold to it - McCoy on the other hand was a good doctor.

Davidson is the first Doctor I remember from my childhood but until the new series started McCoy was the one I'd seen most of, and Ace is still my favourite companion of all time. I don't mind the newer darkness both Who and Torchwood seem to have gone in a bit of a Buffy direction which I'm not against and the latest series has had loads of awesome episodes like Blink with the statues.

I prefer Martha to Rose - I might have to look up your stuff madbonney I'm crap at doing female celeb sims. As for TSR while I'm not against the people on it, even the free creators serve a purpose as far as getting them money is concerned - Fansee @ MTS2 wrote a journal entry on why here. Also keep in mind that they ban people for what they say on other boards this one included and that if they do you'll have to fight to get your stuff removed. Insim will happily host your stuff as will MTS2 and they won't hold it hostage.

Back to the sci-fi Kraken I <3 B5 as well and Soggy Fox I also love Red Dwarf, hopefully one day they'll make a film like they've been saying they will for the last 10ish years.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: