PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 09:07:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite Alert
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite Alert  (Read 38956 times)
Steroide
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 03, 19:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still doesn't work...  :x
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 03, 20:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nooooooooooooo!  I am having enough trouble with my server up and down as it is.  Spare a thought for us "innocent" Lunarpages customers  Shocked

Our lil friend must be stopped.
ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 03, 21:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fairywitch"
2. How many of you (thanks for the publicity btw), would sign up with your real username instead of some bogus nick? I don't use any other name than this one and I haven't in 6 years that I've been playing and creating. I don't hide behind different usernames. Why do you? I ain't talking about Pescado, I'm talking about all the rest. At least he uses his name everywhere. Those that DID sign up for an account and downloaded stuff, why did you? If my site is *insert wobbly knees and voice here* so goddamn evil, wtf are you doing on it and why on earth would you want my stuff in your game?

I have no problem using the username I have here all over the web, and in fact, many users on here use the same name throughout the Sims community.  Also, I don't care whether or not your site is teh evil 666 (did anyone even call it evil? :roll:), I don't want your stuff in my game anyways.

6. I hardly check mesh sizes because I make stuff for my game, only have about 600 megs of other people's creations total in my downloads folder and I like what I make. That's who I primarily make stuff for. ME! Not you. If you don't like my creations, don't like how I run my site, go away?

Well if you plan on selling your meshes I suggest you start checking.  Not many people want a 9000 poly dining chair in their game.  And as for staying away from your site, I have no problem with that.  As I said before, the brightness hurts my eyes.  Maybe I should wear my sunglasses.

I think you have an inflated ego.  We're not going gaga over your site, in fact I would go so far as to call you small peanuts in comparison with other paysites.
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 03, 21:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. I didn't use a proxy, so, um... no. What is there to be afraid of?

2. I'm not sure you should be thanking us for the newfound publicity. It's more of a collection of infamy than fame, but I'll disregard that little point of yours because I can tell you only added that as a defensive measure. And mind you I didn't sign up at all, but people DO use different usernames. Why? Um. Because people do? What's your problem there? Besides, what with the whole "I CAN'T BAN YOU" thing, we'd be idiots for using our identifiable names, wouldn't we? And as for what we're doing on your site... *cough* READ THE THREAD. We're mocking you. And it's a damn good question why anyone would want your stuff in their game, but I can only assume they do it so they can model it on their Carla Niven Sim. Just for kicks, y'know.

3. Just a thought: have fun suing us over that one, lawl. And... your point is? So you don't get out much. This somehow dampens our right to mock? Alrighty then. Your "gang" comment is amusing but that's been discussed to the death on other threads so if you're curious, have a look see. And no wonder we wouldn't be here if Pescado wasn't; he runs the site! lolololololol

4. Can I hear a whoop-whoop? No? Damn.

5. 'Kay...

6. You attempted a bit of witty sarcasm here, but sorry to say it kinda flopped considering that isn't really important. Okay, make your stuff for you. Fascinating? And no, not very hard to "go away" but I fail to see why we should. The CARLA NIVEN thread is the longest on this board. Shouldn't that clue you? People are attracted to the revolting for it provides much amusement. You entertain us. What sort of reason is that to "go away"?

7. 'Kay...

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 03, 22:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Lieg was actually serious about trying to jack up your bandwidth.

And actually, the files are not yours.  As soon as they are converted into .package format they belong to EA/Maxis.

This site is in no way about just moaning about payfiles, from what I have read tonight, it's a free for all bashfest.

Yes, that's a very good summation of the phorum.  It takes some people a while to grasp that.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 03, 22:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"This site is in no way about just moaning about payfiles, from what I have read tonight, it's a free for all bashfest."

Moaning is not acceptable unless in the orgy.  Violent bashing, however, is.

I see no problem with this set-up.

If you don't care to fix your meshes so they are of a sane size if they get too large, then don't share at all if you're going to cop that attitude.  No one ever held a gun up to your head and forced you to make "your" custom content available to the public--if you don't make it available, you won't have to have a paysite and you won't have that particular financial burden upon you--but clearly it's just all about you and your need for money.  You obviously don't care about the customers--pardon, downloaders--if you can't be bothered to check mesh sizes, or even say that you are creating for the sake of giving to the community, even in the slightest.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 03, 22:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. I have no idea how to set up a proxy. (I mean come on y'all know I had a problem with Virtual Memory and Saffy had to help me. LOL) so, no, no proxy here. Although the thought of it sounds interesting. Someone tell me how to set up a proxy. :lol:

2.It is great you use the same name everywhere, but not everyone is like you. I have 3 names depending on whether or not I know the intent of the person asking for my information. Because I did not know your intent (selling to spammers or whatever) you got my "I don't care if they spam name." Also, I am guilty of downloading. I was having a hard time navigating and I clicked on the "food processor" to see if it would take me to your downloads page and it didn't. Then I saw well BELOW the list that the links were direct download links. There is your reason for downloading you asked for. Cheesy

Don't sweat it though, it ain't in my download folder any more and won't be in my game. I mean ya know how many food processor recolors do you really need?

3. Actually out of curiosity, I'd like to see that law if it is a SERIOUS crime. Does it pertain to countries outside the reach of the EU and USA?

4&5. Whether you charge 1 cent or 6.95, and irrelevant to you offering free stuff, the moment you put a PayPal button on it to get an item you not only are breaking the User Agreement of Maxis/EA, thus committing a SERIOUS REAL LIFE CRIME, but you have put yourself in the hall of shame with the rest of the paysite owners. (how was that for a run on. LOL)

6&7. I just really don't give a rats ass. :lol: Although it is an interesting concept to create stuff for you and only you and then go on to sell it to other people.  

PS. Hey y'all how did I do going up again my first paysite owner? I know it is small change, but you have to start somewhere. Have I been a good young Padawan learner? <ROTFLMFAO>

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 03, 22:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
PS. Hey y'all how did I do going up again my first paysite owner? I know it is small change, but you have to start somewhere. Have I been a good young Padawan learner? <ROTFLMFAO>

Poorly.  Go write the pirate commandments ten times over or I'll have ye walk the plank.  :wink:

I don't know why the owners of small paysites always come running here when they get mentioned, or write some angsty, bitter blog about PMBD on Myspace...  The drama usually doesn't last long enough anyway.  I wish Peggy or Rose would drop by some time.  That'd be lovely.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 03, 22:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"

Poorly.  Go write the pirate commandments ten times over or I'll have ye walk the plank.  :wink:

DAMN!  :cry:

<goes to write the commandments 10 times>

Can I at least bring the rum with me?

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 03, 22:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
I wish Peggy or Rose would drop by some time. That'd be lovely.

I second that. It'd be awesome. The most delicious bitchfest evar. <3
It is a trend, isn't it? We never get the big fish, only the small fry. I guess the more popular paysite owners either 1) don't give a damn or 2) don't want to properly acknowledge PMBD's existance. :?

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 03, 23:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I at least bring the rum with me?

I don't see how you can write them otherwise.

I guess Peggy, Rose, and all the other big paysites are making enough money and have enough loyal subscribers that they don't really need to concern themselves with the issues.  Rose did stir up some drama a while ago, but pfft, I want to see them register on the forum and actually fight with the phorum denizens instead of slinging dirt from a distance.
ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 03, 23:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently Rose is bothered enough to have come up with some lame-ass procedure about waiting ten days before you can donate for her newest hair, unless you've already donated before.  Her reason for doing this is in order to "safeguard her donators' advantage".  At least that's what I think she's on about, we all know how great her English is.
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 04, 02:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rose did stir up some drama a while ago

Crap! I must have missed that one. I can't remember reading anything about Rose.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 04, 03:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ChloroformDreams"
"safeguard her donators' advantage"

Yes, that was part of her stirring, along with the sharing of people's information.

Still doesn't really equate to her coming here and actually trying to stand up for herself instead of doing the stupid things like she does.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 04, 11:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once donated to her. I... was ignorant, ok?

Wish she would bin her hair... But bah, never mind, I have been finding better free stuff lately anyhoo.

Now I just wish XMsims wouldn't place pink hair under red...

Ok, enough of my hair ranting, sorry. Tongue

Uh, let's see... what was the topic? Oh yea... Paysite Bad!  :lol:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: