PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 15:12:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A Very Interesting Discovery...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Very Interesting Discovery...  (Read 48672 times)
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: A Very Interesting Discovery...
« Reply #60 on: 2008 May 26, 22:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I iz already a spy....but, would love to join your group of known spys.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 May 26, 22:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can haz trenchcoat nao?  Grin

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 May 26, 22:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me in, Moune. Wink

I already have the dark glasses and the martinis, but I'm conspicuously short on trenchcoats.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2008 May 26, 22:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool!  Grin

Now all we need are some exploding gadgets and a fast car. Anybody know where Q is hanging out these days?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 May 26, 22:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! You're ok, Bella, you give as good as you get, that's for damn sure. Now, as for the asspirate thing, I'm a chick! How can a chick be an asspirate, is all I wanna know. And I have a smegload of cc for Sims 1, being as I played it back in the day when I was pregnant with my son. I'm still sorting it out to make sure that I don't have duplicate files and such, but it's been rough going. All of the files are on my laptop and right now it's giving me some trouble, the screen doesn't wanna work. I have to hook it up to an outside monitor to know what in the hell I'm doing. Yeah, I supposed it is lonely to be a Sims 1 player, then again, I can be pretty solitary by nature.

I have some pay stuff that my sister gave me, and I have the so-called AOL exclusive files, too. Dunno if anyone will want them but they'll be in a separate file all of their own. There's also going to be some programs, as well, like the Sims File Cop and the original Sims File Maid, along with the companion proggie for that. Once I finally get the lot zipped/rar'ed up, I'll let you guys know. And yes, I'm going to put them all into the two formats because not everyone likes using zips/rars. It only makes sense to me that I make them available for the separate preferences. Believe it or not, I can be accommodating when I wish to be so.

The phrase "fuck off and" do whatever is like setting fire to a can of gasoline because there are so many insulting/incendiary endings to it. Maybe if you'd phrased it as, "Get yourself over to," it may have come off better. Also, while Moune may not agree with all we pirates do, she'd never be a spy. At least, not for the enemy.

Also, Moune, which Q do you want? The one from James Bond or the one from the Star Trek: Next Generation? As for explosives, hell, I can build those myself. Little bit of this, little bit of bleach, little bit of that, little bit of ammonia, little bit of that other thing, little bit of Drano, little bit of this other thing, little bit of gasoline... POOF! It's all in the chemicals you mix, ya know? And a vodka bottle mostly full of gasoline with a gas dampened rag shoved into the mouth of the bottle, lit and thrown makes a nice little... I think I've said just a bit too much... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 May 27, 00:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, as for the asspirate thing, I'm a chick! How can a chick be an asspirate, is all I wanna know.

Oops! Embarrassed Hey, I couldn't tell!  Honest!

I have some pay stuff that my sister gave me, and I have the so-called AOL exclusive files, too. Dunno if anyone will want them but they'll be in a separate file all of their own. There's also going to be some programs, as well, like the Sims File Cop and the original Sims File Maid, along with the companion proggie for that. Once I finally get the lot zipped/rar'ed up, I'll let you guys know. And yes, I'm going to put them all into the two formats because not everyone likes using zips/rars. It only makes sense to me that I make them available for the separate preferences. Believe it or not, I can be accommodating when I wish to be so.

You're putting the files up for download?  That would be totally awesome! Cool TS1 downloadables are always welcome.  What kind of stuff do you have?  And what is an "AOL exclusive file"?

And, I'd be honored to join the Spy Club!  Personally, I wouldn't mind doing spy business over at T$R.  I've had bad personal experiences with the assholes over there and now know better to stay out of the forums.  I'll even venture into the Sims 2 section for you guys.  Now, what I could really use would be an invisibility cloak, like Harry Potter's.  I already have a sharp scythe for defense, but invisibility would be great! Cheesy
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 May 27, 01:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can a chick be an asspirate, is all I wanna know.

...come on.  THINK ABOUT IT.  Tongue
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 May 27, 01:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can a chick be an asspirate, is all I wanna know.

...come on.  THINK ABOUT IT.  Tongue

It's pretty obvious, Paden Wink lol

Ok, who was asking about the copyright stuff?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it goes like this: if you painted the art yourself, it IS yours. But once you put it in that .package file - then yes, the art is still yours, but the Sims item that it now is, is freely distributable (is that a real word? it is now) pay or free.  Though most people won't throw around your free .package file unless you say its ok, otherwise credit.  You could charge for the art separately as a .png/.jpeg/etc file if you were so inclined, but you cannot charge for the .package file, even if it does contain your original art.

That may have already been said, or it may not make sense, but whatever. I think I got it right, and if I'm not I don't really care Tongue

Oh, one more thing to add: I don't think you waive the rights to your art just because you put it in a .package file - if someone were to use your art outside of the Sims, then real-world copyrights apply.  I don't have legal sections to quote, so this is just what seems logical to me.

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 May 27, 02:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bella, have you ever looked over at The SimsCave.  There is a whole section for the Sims 1 people and they seem to have quite a few items from the paysites.  I really don't go in there alot but, I took a quick peek just now and they have things from Sims Freaks, Banana Republic, Around the Sims and Sim Snobs just to mention a few.  You do have to register and post around a bit before having access to the sharing area but, it really doesn't take long at all and there is a really nice group of people there.  I'll include the link to my post, in case you are interested.
http://www.simscave.com/ferris/index.php

Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 May 27, 02:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Titan, I am a member of Sims Cave, and I love their services.  Right now, I'm waiting for a Sim Freaks request to be filled. Wink  They're so generous over there, it's amazing.  For example, I now have the prized WD$ escalator thanks to them.  I'm currently saving up any pay files I get from them in the event that a TS1 version of PMBD ever shows up (Hey, it's a thought! Cheesy).
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2008 May 27, 03:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I couldn't have helped you out more.  I'll drop you a note if I ever do find anything pertaining to the Sims1, just in case I find something that is new.

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 May 27, 03:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww...the love! It's back!

Feel it. Feel it now!

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2008 May 27, 06:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very much appreciate the confidence I’m being shown here.  Smiley

Ah, the benefits of not being currently known as Peachfish.  Cheesy

And now for the Spy Club. Does anyone else but Pickles and Ensign want to join? I’ve got a few spare trench coats (gap-free) and we can quickly whip up a bunch of martinis (shaken, not stirred), but you’ll have to bring your own dark glasses.

I would like to add that all spies are required to present new mesh sets.  In lieu of mesh sets, they must at least post pictures of their cute babies.

I should also mention I think there's a difference in TOU. There are TOU that you make, and TOU that you try to get people to abide by.  In a fit of rage a couple of days ago, I added a little line of insanity to my TOU - that any person who has said, or thinks "antipaysite people/pirates should get a life" should not use my content. Mainly because I'm sick to death of people saying such things in such a condescending manner, and have had this thrown at me throughout the S2C debates to the point where I wish to throttle said tossers.

I just really want them to know I think they are arseholes - not that I actually intend to go through their previous history with a fine tooth comb, and check what they're doing.  To get people to abide by that would be impossible and insane, on my part particularly.  But at least, if it can give one fucktard pause for thought (cause you know you can say "I'm sick of arguing" without casting aspersions on every single persons' personal circumstances who doesn't feel the same way) or at least make one of them feel like shit for saying it, then I'm good.

Same really goes for the no paysites stuff.  Seeing as I never go to paysites, I wouldn't know my stuff is there unless someone told me. But at least the paysite person knows they're a peice of shit, and so does everyone else.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 27, 06:48:30 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 May 27, 09:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In lieu of mesh sets, they must at least post pictures of their cute babies.

Here's my requirement.  My granddaughter, Josie.  Grin

« Last Edit: 2008 May 27, 09:10:12 by keirra » Logged

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 May 27, 09:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww! What a cute baby! *melts*

Godsdamn you people! You make me want to have babies! *grumble*

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print