PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 11:10:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 745220 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #2880 on: 2008 June 20, 02:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to fire the game up - just look at the stuff Clean Installer has and then find the links from there.   Grin

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: 2008 June 20, 02:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that clean installer now doesn't list added CC to houses or sims anymore. Guess i should reinstall it.
Okay, it'ld give me the item's name, but not the set's name. How to find it if it belongs to a set? And i read on the blog that it ain't furnished, or at least partially.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2882 on: 2008 June 20, 02:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to fire the game up - just look at the stuff Clean Installer has and then find the links from there.   Grin

All it says when I try to install it with Clean Installer is lotSegmentForUpload, with no details about anything. I could always be looking in the wrong place or doin' it RONG! (a disticnt possibility Tongue)

"You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who screams THEIR head off will be provided for you."
   Grouch cop, "Elmo in Grouchland"
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: 2008 June 20, 04:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, back from testing the house, since C.I. lists absolutely no CC. Well, he was right Undecided No mesh was shipped, neither recolor, floors or walls, nothing. So the inside of the house is filled with a huge amount of reverted-to-maxis items, except the few stuff you used that i already had before. It's totally clean in a way... But looks weird of course.
I'm trying to retrieve the pics, give'me some time for that Smiley

What i don't get is why it's file size is so big since it contains nothing but items blueprints.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 20, 05:12:38 by Dr House » Logged

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2884 on: 2008 June 20, 05:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's weird  Undecided. I tried following the directions on MTS2 for packaging a house for upload, and thought that's what I had done. I'll have to try it all again.

"You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who screams THEIR head off will be provided for you."
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: 2008 June 20, 05:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's normal to not have CC shipped if you followed their tute. It's supposed to give that result: this method makes a "clean install": nothing whatsoever is shipped, only items 'blueprints'. If the downloader have the CC installed the item you used will appear normally, if not then it reverts to maxis's item that was used for cloning and making the CC.
That's why the shopping list is needed, downloaders of the house would have to either download the very specific stuff you used, or replace them with smthng similar. You could also package the whole house+CC (but don't post that on MTS2 lol)

But stop bothering, i'll just make a similar deco and furnishing using simlar windows etc, based on your pics Smiley

strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2886 on: 2008 June 20, 05:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thankyou, ok. I thought "clean" just meant that it contained the items in the original creation, no hacks and all the additional recolours that the packager grabs, for whatever insane reason it does that. When I download houses though, that have been packed using the installer, all of the items are as pictures. How does that work? Anyway, I'm getting a shopping list together slowly.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: 2008 June 20, 05:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean pictures in the Clean Installer?  It's just a preview.  It does the same with Body Shop items.

Unless you mean something else.  Sorry!  Tongue
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: 2008 June 20, 05:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I download houses though, that have been packed using the installer, all of the items are as pictures. How does that work?
That's because either it's a 'clean' house and you happened to have all the CC they used or that the house was indeed shipped with all the CC.

EDIT: nope, don't mind big files at all. On the contrary: i hate hunting items for a shopping list, it's soooo long when there's a gazillions of items to retrieve Lips sealed
« Last Edit: 2008 June 20, 05:46:21 by Dr House » Logged

strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2889 on: 2008 June 20, 05:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok fair enough Smiley. I can make a new upload and include the items, but it makes the file really massive  Undecided. But if you don't mind massive, It's easy enough to do Cheesy

EDIT: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9k553 try that new link Cheesy. I know a few things may have escaped the unchecking process, but most of the junk shold be gone and the stuff that's needed in there properly. I hope! Thanks for all your help.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 20, 06:15:31 by strix » Logged

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: 2008 June 20, 16:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate shopping lists.. if a house has a shopping list, 99.9% of the time I won't download it, regardless of how cool it is.  It takes too long and I end up getting more stuff than what I want because items are usually only available in sets.

I love how you changed the house, Strix!  You decorated it extremely well too.  Smiley  I just feel like it needs a bit more landscaping in the front.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: 2008 June 20, 19:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind shopping lists as long as the lot isn't packaged with the 'missing' CC. If the lot comes empty, or with Maxis-only stuff, no problem - I might even want to go search for one or two objects (usually not the whole list). But if I have to either hunt for everything or spend a quarter of an hour deleting and replacing random spider plants and stuff I'm generally not going to bother. (I almost never install custom wall and floor treatments with a lot because it's super fast for me to redo those in-game.)

I've seen quite a few people offer furnished and unfurnished versions of the same lot, and for me that seems like the way to go as far as downloader convenience.

(Is any of this making sense? I'm only 1/2-way through my first cup of coffee this morning, and keep losing my train of thought. Tongue )

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: 2008 June 20, 21:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell yeah it's making sens Smiley
Totally hate shopping list too! Made so much for downloaded lots that now i'm almost allergic. From now on i'll keep SL limited to 5 items maximum. Love furnished version: after installing the lot i put all it's CC in a folder, i launch CI and remove duplicates it contains. It's way faster than hunting 20 items, missing links, broked download links, moved creators or closed sites Sad

Grabbed the furnished version, strix Wink Will try it soon!

strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2893 on: 2008 June 20, 21:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I hope I haven't bolloxed anything (else. Again Tongue) in the packaging. I've never done this before, so thanks Dr House for all your help Smiley.

Thanks missangelica Smiley. I agree about the landscaping, I'm just not good at it *grin*. lol and by the time I was done with the house I was sick of looking at it Tongue

falln_angel, it makes comeplete sense Smiley. I don't really understand how everything works, but I've never seen the point in packaging a lot with a tonne of Maxis-only stuff. It's never made sense to me, why blow a download out to 5 times the size to include stuff everyone's game already has. And I loate hunting for everything too. LOL, which is why I'm trying deperately to get this thing right and make it include the good stuff, but not all the junk the packager usually picks up as well. Grr, who knew it was so trixy? Tongue. Furnished and unfurnished versions of the same is a great idea. Often I don't want 300 CC items, terrains, wall and floor coverings that I'll never use again.

falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: 2008 June 20, 22:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does including a lot of Maxis furnishings really increase the filesize that much? I would have thought that there would just be some sort of 'couch 14 recolor 2 goes here' kind of marker since the objects theoretically already exist in your game. There's shouldn't be any need to duplicate the entire object file... But I also have absolutely no idea how these things work.

I do prefer no CC with lots, but I realize how hard it is to create a really nice-looking Maxis-only room too. All just a matter of taste I guess.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: