PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 23:24:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 587310 times)
Xenomorph
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1425 on: 2007 August 19, 05:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy Flurking Shnit!!

Ya know, I had no idea all of this BS was going on with TSR and MTS2 and Delphy, etc. etc. etc.

I almost wish I hadn't read any of it...

I really don't give a flying f*** what has gone on, I just kinda liked downloading stuff, intent on using it when I actually take some time to make something in game.   I hardly ever play it.

WTF is going on with the mass exodus to TSR tho?  It's like someone's promising to give the creators something for joining...I just find it so weird that so many really good creators are giving themselves up to the void that is TSR...

Anyone know why?
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 2007 August 19, 05:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Xenomorph"

WTF is going on with the mass exodus to TSR tho?  It's like someone's promising to give the creators something for joining...I just find it so weird that so many really good creators are giving themselves up to the void that is TSR...

Anyone know why?

Yep, I do. The "mass exodus" is for one reason only: Cold, hard cash. TSR pays their FAs money based on the number of downloads, so the only reason is greed.
everwinter
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1427 on: 2007 August 19, 05:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole thing with the EULA, TSR and other paysites is soooo tiring. It's easy to forget that it's just a game, in fact it kinda makes me not want to play and enjoy my game as much. Ages ago I downloaded stuff from TSR, but I deleted it all cause for the most part its crap I'm just glad I never forked out the dollars for it. I just wish it would all sort itself out one way or another, how much patience does EA think we have? jeeees.
Paysites charging for content OR memebership for sims content is outrageous. There are so many reasons why it's wrong so I don't understand why they are still being allowed to fleece people out of their money for stuff thats utter crap or has no support whatsoever.
Blah blah blah, I do go on lol.  :roll:
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 2007 August 19, 21:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Jenl"
I think I might give Sims 3 a miss, especially if this paysite debate rages on. Hopefully by then all CC will be free anyway.

I've been feeling that way lately, too. I don't want to support a gaming company that condones paysites, and with that dishonest practices paysites frequently employ i.e. sharpening previews, selling meshes that crash your game or overwrite game objects, non-existant customer service and refusals for refunds.

(It's too early to make any promises, though, I'm a whore for pretty graphics. I swore I would not get Sims2 because I had all kinds of amazing CC for Sims 1, but here I am. Sad, really. :lol:)

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
MeshHunter
Landlubber

View Profile
Need a mesh really bad from TSR???
« Reply #1429 on: 2007 August 19, 21:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Request it to me and I'll put it on my website for ya. Don't worry site here, I'll be happy to provide it to you too. I have already offered my services to through the proper PM channel, with a PM to correct member.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 2007 August 19, 21:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "everwinter"
The whole thing with the EULA, TSR and other paysites is soooo tiring. It's easy to forget that it's just a game, in fact it kinda makes me not want to play and enjoy my game as much. Ages ago I downloaded stuff from TSR, but I deleted it all cause for the most part its crap I'm just glad I never forked out the dollars for it. I just wish it would all sort itself out one way or another, how much patience does EA think we have? jeeees.
Paysites charging for content OR memebership for sims content is outrageous. There are so many reasons why it's wrong so I don't understand why they are still being allowed to fleece people out of their money for stuff thats utter crap or has no support whatsoever.
Blah blah blah, I do go on lol.  :roll:

You need to go play your game. LOL I don't spend much time on this debate. I play my game, the best therapy. Just think EA loved the Pirates they gave us a ship and all. Hopefully we can make sims walk the plank.
Something to look forward to, only a couple weeks away.

Alia, you know you will want Sims 3. EA will probably put the Custum Content creator in the game this time.  Smiley

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 2007 August 19, 21:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Soupy, but at this point I try to convince myself that I'll be fine without it.

The first time I'll see some previews of Sims3 I'll forget all about my resolutions/good intentions, but before that I like to pretend that I have willpover.  :wink:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 2007 August 19, 21:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alia, I know I flip flop, now that my PC is totally upgraded there would be almost nothing stopping me. I think the only thing that would make not do is if they give the greenlight to paysites, but I love what Crocoboura says here:

QUOTE=crocobaura]That, my friend, is the biggest misconception being circulated around. They did not give rights to paysites, they simply removed the right to create and distribute stuff on your own personal website./QUOTE]
As a friend i have to tell you that i think you have got that completely wrong.
Why on earth would they want to do that?

Because people started talking of personal copyrights and intellectual property in connection with EA products. The Sims francise is way too important to EA to give away to fans just like that. It's even got its own division now, so to me it looks like they want to expand and cash in profits on their own, not give it away to fans. Also, I believe the reason why they are directing you to your own attorney is because they do not want to make an official statement that personal websites are no longer officialy tolerated. This time EA acted just like a parent with his fighting cildren, took rights away from everyone for not being able to settle things calmly.
hxxx://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=44383&page=17&pp=25

He forgot to add movie in works, and who knows what else.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 2007 August 20, 19:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

I was checking the TSR discussion forums and saw this posted.

I thought it was pretty funny and I had not seen that before, so I thought I'd post it here too.

:oops:
And now it should be visible without having to click a link.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 2007 August 20, 20:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'm back (did you even know I was gone?  :wink: ).  I was wrong about the new EULA, which now I see has absolutely no effect on the present state of the game or the non-allowability of paysites.  Thanks to everyone whose posts clarified this for me.

TSR vent time. :evil:   I have spent two days trying to fix my game which TSR downloads have borked big time, despite the claims that the files I downloaded didn't require any x-packs I don't have.  (No, I don't have a sub and never will again--I "earned" a free day for my kudos due to prior stupidity).  And I just know that if I leave messages to the effect that the downloads are labelled wrong, I will get no response and my message will probably be deleted. :roll:

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 2007 August 20, 21:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
Cheesy

I thought it was pretty funny and I had not seen that before, so I thought I'd post it here too.

LOL they better watch out curiosity killed the cat. If subscribers that are in TSR blissdom that dont know about here, and suddenly investigate they might unsubscribe and use the booty instead. :twisted:

Im glad your back Diet  :wink:

Rae Kira
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1436 on: 2007 August 21, 00:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
Cheesy

Sad Alia, there's only a white box. Or is it just me?

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
everwinter
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1437 on: 2007 August 21, 05:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only see a white box too, but then I am at work so some sites are blocked like photobucket and such. Websense or whatever they call it blocks a lot of sites, so I'm used to not seeing some of the images within posts here.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 2007 August 21, 08:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do? Darn.

It's just a silly smiley. Here's direct link: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/images/tug/tsr.gif

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1439 on: 2007 August 21, 08:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see nothing. NOTHING!  :?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: