PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 00:58:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples  (Read 70026 times)
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
« Reply #195 on: 2007 January 04, 11:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stim thats probably true, China will listen to Microsoft, (they went to Gates before Bush)over poser artists (small fish to them). But China has a relationship with Ebay, Ebay has a Chinese version of their site 9cant remember all the details it was like a partnership). Ebay owns Paypal, so Paypal is the best route. If some of the meshes were brokered by DaZ3d, Daz can also send a letter, but Ebay has more influence.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2007 January 04, 11:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok maybe he has to investigate the matter first.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2007 January 04, 11:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trouble with this approach is won't it make trouble for other people besides just paysites?   I mean it could end up cutting off our noses to spite our faces.   It can't only be paysite creators who want to occasionally sneak in a branded item.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
« Reply #198 on: 2007 January 04, 11:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
The trouble with this approach is won't it make trouble for other people besides just paysites?   I mean it could end up cutting off our noses to spite our faces.   It can't only be paysite creators who want to occasionally sneak in a branded item.

I remember Atavera made a number of signs for various stores.

Teadrinker has a very valid point. We're here to destroy paysites, not stomp on the entire community with a copyright crusade that could easily get out of hand if we go running to tattle to corporations at every opportunity. It also looks like focusing on that, we're losing our focus on the intial issue.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2007 January 04, 12:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The simple approach is just to get them kicked off Paypal. If we get them kicked off of all the payment services people are willing to use, this effectively terminates their ability to function as a paysite. Freesites, which don't depend on Paypal to function, are not affected. I don't really think involving lawyers at all is a wise move. That's just opening a Pandora's box you really don't want to touch.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 2007 January 04, 12:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the Fair Use Act cover non-paysites anyway, seeing as they aren't making money? I have no idea myself (law babble makes my head spin), but  someone else might know.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007 January 04, 12:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't know. You want to pay a lawyer to fight it out and see? Like I said, can of worms best left unopened.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
« Reply #202 on: 2007 January 04, 12:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bethgael covered quite a lot in this thread: Shutting down some paysites - thoughts and re fair use. She sounds like the person to ask around here about it.
The ISZ
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007 January 04, 14:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"

That is not advisable for anyone to do.  I would never put a brand name on something like that in the first place.  That is just common sense in my opinion.

No one should create anything with logo's and brand names on them for The Sims or any other game.  Folks should know better than that.  I don't see an issue here.

The guy I contacted may do nothing and kick it to the curb, who knows.

o man is totally useless — he can always serve as a bad example.
Paysites Will Be Defeated!
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 January 04, 15:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's wrong with making up your very own exclusive brand in the first place.

For some reason well before I got into these debates, I made content, and made up my own brand name.  It just didn't sit right with me to copy a famous logo.  This is something I instilled into my son also, he made his own brand too.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2007 January 04, 16:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as long as people don't lose sight of *why* we're anti paysite.  Freedom to create whatever free content we like is an enjoyable thing, I am not sure I want someone moralising with me if I harmlessly make a BurgerKing sign to share with my online friends.  Though I am beginning to suspect in some cases there is a personal agenda against individual pay-content creators that is in danger of becoming more important than the general principle.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: 2007 January 04, 16:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, here's something that should get Exnem in trouble - Enayla's skin is uploaded to his site, and her terms of use explicitly state that that is not allowed.

Here is the link for http://www.furiae.com/images2/enayla.txt her terms of use.  I tried emailing her through her furiae site, but I don't know if that actually goes to her.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
« Reply #207 on: 2007 January 04, 17:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Well, here's something that should get Exnem in trouble - Enayla's skin is uploaded to his site, and her terms of use explicitly state that that is not allowed.

Here is the link for http://www.furiae.com/images2/enayla.txt her terms of use.  I tried emailing her through her furiae site, but I don't know if that actually goes to her.

Oh really now.

I'm pretty sure that email will go directly to Enayla; I knew of her back when we were on the same online art gallery, and she did not hesitate to do what was necessary to stop thieves of her art (even to the extent of removing herself from the place until she could put art up somewhere better controlled). If Exnem did do a 'take it and run' thing, he's not going to like the response he'll likely get...
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2007 January 04, 17:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, Exnem is not only stealing from major corporations (about whom I really don't care), but from a talented artist who is a very nice part of the Sims community.

Exnem is a hypocritical, thieving bastard. I'm starting to think there aren't any paysite owners who aren't, but Exnem is leading the pack in disgustingness atm.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 January 04, 18:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's a different matter.  I don't care who rips off Disney but we gotta look out for our own people. Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: