PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 00:10:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Nouk's emo hair stolen?
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nouk's emo hair stolen?  (Read 48012 times)
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #135 on: 2007 May 22, 19:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
I'm with Quinctia, doesn't seem like a big deal. If Kathy's gotten over it, why does anyone else care? That's not adequate for me to even point and laugh. Good grief, this stuff is more than 2 years old anyway. Seems silly to carry a grudge that long.  :roll:

THANK YOU for pointing that out!  THis shit happened back when I was a noobie with Sims.  I didn't even know what an alpha was.  I have learned a lot since then.  But, when you fuck up once, no one sees that I have HUNDREDS of downloads to my credit.  HUNDREDS...yet, these sad few old ass things are what make me a theif NOW.   Hello? OLD ASS SHIT.  I still use things from paysites now with full credit.  But I haven't done free creators in awhile without asking permission.

The kathy thing was a nighty I downloaded that someone else uploaded without a name.  (Apparently they had actually stolen it from Kathy because all it said was PJ on it)  I recolored it on a different mesh.  Kathy didn't "jump" on me about it either.  We were talking about it and she gave me the link.  I was surprised because I had gotten the outfit somewhere else and kathy's name wasn't on it.  When kathy told me it was hers, I immediately gave credit.  

The Sgooby thing, yep, same thing about the whole not knowing what an alpha was.  BUT, I recolored his alpha and GAVE CREDIT when it was uploaded.  He was pissed because I didn't ask for permission to recolor it.

The Persephone thing was all a private / friendship missunderstanding.  It was a personal deal between us two.  She had given me permission to use her textures then decided not to after we had a falling out.  Either way, she was GIVEN CREDIT on the uploads at the time of the upload.  

Most of this is about not asking permission.  Well, WTF, I admit that, BUT I ALWAYS GAVE CREDIT!  The kathy thing was the only one because I didn't know who had made the alpha when I recolored it.  IMMEDIATELY when I found out it was hers, I added the CREDIT.  You can ask her that too.

I'm no theif.  I think there is a big difference in using someone's shit without permission and giving credit than just out and out taking it and taking the credit for it too.

So, there's my rebut.  Believe it or don't.  Either way, it's all old ass shit.  I have good fans and I have some who hate me and follow me around begging to be as good by accusing me of the assasination of Kennedy.  So this, doesn't bother me anymore.  Wink

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #136 on: 2007 May 22, 19:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So there we have it. All pros and cons. Now everyone can make up their own minds, no need to keep fighting.

It gives me a headache when pirates fight among themselves.  Sad

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #137 on: 2007 May 22, 19:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't the word 'plagiarized' be used instead of 'stolen?' When Black Pearl was accused of stealing, I wasn't quite sure how she could actually steal a digital creation without hacking into someone's computer and taking a file without the permission of the creator (and that's a whole different can of worms).

And in this particular case, said plagiarism was quickly fixed; she failed to give credit to the originator of said mesh and corrected that situation when asked to. It seems to me that if a mistake was made and corrected when it was pointed out, there's really no need to keep harping on about it; it makes the 'accuser' sound petty and childish.

That's a good thing about publishing oneself on the Internet: mistakes can be immediately corrected at the source instead of having a wait for a retraction to be printed out and distributed.
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #138 on: 2007 May 22, 19:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"
And in this particular case, said plagiarism was quickly fixed; she failed to give credit to the originator of said mesh and corrected that situation when asked to. It seems to me that if a mistake was made and corrected when it was pointed out, there's really no need to keep harping on about it; it makes the 'accuser' sound petty and childish.

But some people don't know what to do with themselves if they don't have a good witch hunt to go on.  I also noticed they can't even spell the name correctly.   :roll:

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #139 on: 2007 May 22, 20:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I waited a bit for further evidence - but I see none.

Geez - I thought this was a recent event - like you'd plagiarised someone with new content in the last month or so.  It surely wasn't necessary to bring it up right now - and certainly not to accuse everyone here of being in on it.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #140 on: 2007 May 22, 20:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

Geez - I thought this was a recent event - like you'd plagiarised someone with new content in the last month or so.  It surely wasn't necessary to bring it up right now - and certainly not to accuse everyone here of being in on it.

Some people are petty Calalily.  I think it was you who had refered someone to the AA for help but they were blown off, well, I resigned from that club.  I brought up the Nouk thing there, and it turned into a "Oooh, the thief turned in a thief" thing instead of trying to help Nouk.  I'm sorry for that.  I won't direct anyone there for help again either.

Also, my resignation was swiftly carried off to the private discussion area so they can have their laughs and back-stabbing conversations over me in private now.   :roll:

Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #141 on: 2007 May 22, 20:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlackPearl"
Quote from: "Denimjo"

But some people don't know what to do with themselves if they don't have a good witch hunt to go on.  I also noticed they can't even spell the name correctly.   :roll:

And when some people don't have anything better to say, they pull apart spelling. Who cares. It's a simple mistake, you know what they meant.

I don't really know. The people I heard about this from haven't been over here as far as I know, so we really haven't heard from both sides.

Pirates are always arguing amongst themselves. It's good for us, gets the blood boiling. Arguments happen here all the time, they usually are forgotten as quickly as they begin.

Sarah (^..^)
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #142 on: 2007 May 22, 20:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

Some people are petty Calalily.  I think it was you who had refered someone to the AA for help but they were blown off, well, I resigned from that club.  I brought up the Nouk thing there, and it turned into a "Oooh, the thief turned in a thief" thing instead of trying to help Nouk.  I'm sorry for that.  I won't direct anyone there for help again either.

Also, my resignation was swiftly carried off to the private discussion area so they can have their laughs and back-stabbing conversations over me in private now.   :roll:

And no one is laughing about you. You asked that the post be removed, and it was.
You had no issue with anyone being blown off (which they weren't) until you found out you were brought up. You were all fine and dandy with the AA, hell, you even made everyone's avi's.

Sarah (^..^)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #143 on: 2007 May 22, 20:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I heard about somebody stealin' something I thought it was gonna be good. I come on here and read THREE PAGES of this shit and it's from like 3 years ago? What in the hell are y'all still goin' on it about? Whoever brought this up is childish. That reminds me of 2nd grade when me and my friend got mad at each other. We'd spread rumors like "This one time she.." Come on guys. I, personally, don't see the evidence since she changed the crap and Kathy got over it...can't you guys? Are you that childish that you throw something that was a MISUNDERSTANDING back in his/her(Blackpearl which are you? xD ) face as something other than a misunderstanding? God stop beating the poor damn horse it's already dead.

Anyhow. As refreshing as that was to say I have one more thing to add. How in the hell did this big "argument" or what ever in the hell it is get started? (the one that's going on now. Not the one that happened like 30 million years ago.)

BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #144 on: 2007 May 22, 20:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chinchillagrl"
I don't really know. The people I heard about this from haven't been over here as far as I know, so we really haven't heard from both sides.

Well, I spoke with kathy, she says she's done with this shit.  We hashed this out long ago and we're good.  So, if she comes running over here because you called her it will surprise me.  I believe she has better things to do than encourage this petty little witch hunt.  Persephone doesn't do Sims anymore and Sgooby (Chris) has got better things to do as well.

These are the wronged parties.  As far as anyone else, they are just on a bandwagon.  Grow up.  If the wronged parties are over it, why don't you get over it too?

And Chinchillagrl,  I don't really care about the spelling of most words, but if you're going to accuse someone, at least get their name right.  I was all for AA when I thought they were actually helping people, not over here making accusations.

Yes, Nouk, I agree, this thread should be locked/closed whatever.  It's no longer about you.  It's just a spam fest.

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #145 on: 2007 May 22, 20:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea, RedLove. This whole thing has confused me. So, I'm just sitting by drinking rum and giggling at it all.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #146 on: 2007 May 22, 20:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok let me clairify a few things. It wasn't 3 yrs ago.. it was 8 months ago. It wasn't a single incident but numerous incidents. Credit wasn't even given until she was called on it. People were and are still pissed about it and rightly so when in one breath she denies it and the next defends it claiming she didn't know.

And beating a dead horse? Well I see the Delphy thing being beat again so are some exempt from having their past brought up?
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #147 on: 2007 May 22, 20:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I spoke with kathy, she says she's done with this shit.  We hashed this out long ago and we're good.  So, if she comes running over here because you called her it will surprise me.

Speak of the devil! Surprised?  :lol:

(Yes, I'm bored.)

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #148 on: 2007 May 22, 20:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No,kathy, it's really stupid to bring something up and start fighting about it. I mean really. This could have easily been settled in pm and nobody would have had to deal with everybody going "Well she's a backstabber," and "He said that you said that I said..." crap. 8 months is a long time. If they are still peeved with her(him?) why bring it all the way from one forum to another? From Insim to PMBD?

Although I will say this is all very amusing after I got over reading 3 pages about something that didn't even happen that recently. I just have a feeling this argument is going to last for about 5 more pages.

Duckie...pass the rum and an aspirin if you don't mind.

kathy
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #149 on: 2007 May 22, 20:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone likes to fight apparently. Now if you are passing rum and asprin I will take 4 please.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: