PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 21, 12:53:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5290 Members
Latest Member: troubleneko
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  2 for u thieving off of Enayla
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 for u thieving off of Enayla  (Read 68290 times)
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
2 for u thieving off of Enayla
« Reply #75 on: 2007 April 20, 02:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"

Then again, I could be mistaken. Perhaps someone can enlighten me if I am.

I don't think the issue is necessarily that she used a photo, more that she used a photo while claiming the picture just popped out of a brown canvas.

There is nothing wrong or unartistic in what she did.  The wrong comes from her lying about it, and the use of that photograph in such a way is likely copyright infringement.

The difference here between her photo example and all your examples is the original artists having the integrity to basically cite their sources.

Sure the pic's over five years old, but if she's still lying about it, instead of saying "I learned how to paint by going over photos and changing aspects," it's rather disingenuous.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 April 20, 03:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "mohicantunes"
So much talking about her techniques and hipocrisy that you tottaly forgot that the main point here is about other selling stuff that are for free.

We didn't forget the point, the point simply drifted. There's only so long you can talk about the obvious wrongness of Paysite Scum. Because honestly, you expect such shit from them. It's just expected behavior, much like how a topic about a Hamas bus bombing quickly drifts to talking about Israel: There's not much to say, you just kinda expect this sort of behavior from Hamas.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 April 20, 04:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand why people are getting so uppity about getting off-topic.  I mean, god forbid such a thing happen.  :roll:
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2007 April 20, 04:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's 'cause the topic makes them a tad uncomfortable.  Oh well!
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 April 20, 04:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't care less. Artists using others' works and pulling the "reference" card is the rule, and it's been going on since the advent of museums. No biggie. If it concerns you so much, confront her.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 April 20, 04:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The big deal isn't so much that she does it, or even omits the credit. I see that as a non-issue. The real issue is that, allegedly, she sells this tutorial of how to produce these works, but this information is clearly blatantly false and utter fabrication.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
PirateOfMashedPotatoes
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 April 20, 05:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real issue is that, allegedly, she sells this tutorial of how to produce these works, but this information is clearly blatantly false and utter fabrication.

That is simply not true though.  Many have used her tutorials and had great success.  Her tutorials are well embraced and highly praised.  Obviously, they succeeded at their intended purpose.  As for those for whom it did not work, well, I guess they just don't yet have the same level of skill.  Some are bitterly jealous that she was chosen to be featured in a well-known graphic arts magazine and they weren't.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 April 20, 06:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The allegations that Enayla is dishonest are far from being proven to me. Since I like her and she is generous with her sims creations, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

2-for-you sucks for being a paysite and they suck even more for taking her free work, uglifying it and then selling it.
hippiechic
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 April 20, 19:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does she have some other tutorials that I am unaware of because the ones that are on her site are free.

http://www.furiae.com/index.php?view=gallery
Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 April 20, 20:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "mohicantunes"
Hmm.. My first post here.

I thought this forum was about detroying paysites and the main reason Enayla is complaining is that they are selling out some skin she did, without giving any credits, and she is giving them for free.

Does it really mather she gives over-painted skins for free? Or based on photos or if she does it all by her self?

I actually don't believe that no one does it by it self. Everyone needs a base reference.

So much talking about her techniques and hipocrisy that you tottaly forgot that the main point here is about other selling stuff that are for free. Now that is hipocrisy.

----
Post above. I agree... Most people here are picking on a fight on the wrong person. :/

Bah you need to read these forums more. Its perfectly normal for things to go off topic. One second we could be RA!! RA!! over a crappy pay site by the 2nd or 3rd page we are discussing women serial killers.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 April 20, 20:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problems getting on 2 for u?  I was just there reading their guestbook (Kathy from Insim is relentless...you go girl!  :lol: ) than tried to go back there and the website cannot be found.  Bet that they are reading their guestbook and hitting the delete key repeatedly.  Hopefully, they will also take Enayla's skins out of their donation set.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Shawnee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 April 20, 21:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their site is back online now.

hawnee
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 April 20, 21:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea why, but, I still can't get on there  :roll: .

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 April 20, 22:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
No idea why, but, I still can't get on there  :roll: .

Its dead to me too! And I was going to post in the guestbook and send an email! O woe  Sad

I hope Kathy and co make up for my absence  :lol:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 April 20, 22:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Down for me too, and I was just there raiding their free stuff a day or so before this thread started.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: