PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:43:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PMBD Baby Roast
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PMBD Baby Roast  (Read 68493 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: PMBD Baby Roast
« Reply #45 on: 2008 December 31, 00:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this for me? I cannot do this Pescado - it has to be based on one package, and if you want it to be grill-like and baby accomodating, you need to mod it. I brought skills of an artist - modding is your job - importing semi-globals and such.  This is the stuff of my nightmares.
Your job is to make sure the slot and bone crap lines up, so make sure the item can be cloned and used as a grill, then apply the same mesh to the changing table. You should end up wit two test items, one of each. I will then merge their functionalities.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 December 31, 00:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this for me? I cannot do this Pescado - it has to be based on one package, and if you want it to be grill-like and baby accomodating, you need to mod it. I brought skills of an artist - modding is your job - importing semi-globals and such.  This is the stuff of my nightmares.
Your job is to make sure the slot and bone crap lines up, so make sure the item can be cloned and used as a grill, then apply the same mesh to the changing table. You should end up wit two test items, one of each. I will then merge their functionalities.

While they are the same height, they do not sit in the same position in the meshing program. Nor will they, even if I move one of them "back" - it will end up like Snarky's couch, unless you have plans or contingencies.  Wouldn't it be easier (and I'm just starting to read about these things so I only have a slight understanding) to import the semi globals into the object itself, so that it functions both as a change table/crib and as a barbeque?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 December 31, 00:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what will happen AFTER you perform this first step. Work something out. Play with the slottages until the item functions as both.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 December 31, 01:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, they didn't make me spend the night at the hospital.  But I do have to go for a couple "tests" tomorrow.  Tongue 

But, I like the look of the table and that should be pretty easy to textureize. 

The other stuff?  Calalily and Pescado, you two have to fight that one out, I don't have a clue how any of that stuff works.   Grin

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 December 31, 03:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only messed with slots once, when trying to make a three shelved knickknack thingie.  I gave up when I couldn't add a third shelf level.   I know there is a really good tutorial over on MTS2.  I'd offer to help, but there is a fairly decent chance this will be my last check in this year.  In the middle of moving and if things go right, I might not have internet or a computer hooked up til friday morning.

The grill is looking really good though, can't wait for the baby roaster.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2008 December 31, 03:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this is both a disturbing yet fantastic idea!! I love it, and it's something I might actualy use in my game. I can't wait to see this finished.  Grin
Well done.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 December 31, 05:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious: is this going to be coded so that the baby actually dies/disappears from the family when you roast it? Or is it just going to be a joke, where the baby gets stuck in it and psuedo-lit on fire, but actually survives?

I was wondering that myself...  Tongue
Anyhow, this is a great idea. I, too, can hardly wait to see the final product.
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 December 31, 05:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope it really grills delishis babby. I want to make a babby farm, which will sell roast babbys to the neighborhood at holiday times.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 December 31, 06:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I've never changed the routing slots on an object, I don't know if they differ greatly from container slots, they are controlled in the CRES.  My windows partition is gone, so this is going by memory right now.  But  I believe for the height change, in 3D Editor, Y goes up/down, but in the game  Z goes up/down.  X is X in both.  Basically Y and Z are swapped.  To change the height you need the distance from the existing point to the new height, then add it to the original.

I wish I could remember where I had seen the information, but also positive/negative relate to a specific direction.  I'm thinking adding to a number would move your object towards you or to the right, whereas negative would move away or to the left.  I will go search for where I had seen that.  Tongue

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 December 31, 07:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what will happen AFTER you perform this first step. Work something out. Play with the slottages until the item functions as both.

My dealio was I'll make it, if you mod it.  Slots are under modding objects tutorials at MTS2.  I count this as modding. Slot playage is your dealie, unless you'd like to wait until Sims 43 comes out for me to do it right, I suggest you do it.  I will make both packages then - one based on the changetable, and one based on the grill. 

I hope it really grills delishis babby. I want to make a babby farm, which will sell roast babbys to the neighborhood at holiday times.

I'm also meshing the delishis baby - I only have the prep stage done so far.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 December 31, 07:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no prep stage: This is a grillfood, it just pulls out of the grill complete as roast babby.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 December 31, 07:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no prep stage: This is a grillfood, it just pulls out of the grill complete as roast babby.

Oh okay - I wasn't thinking and cloned the turkey.  I presume that I can clone hotdogs?

Visit Calalilysims

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 December 31, 07:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 December 31, 08:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So!

I was thinking, maybe we could call it "A Modest Roaster" or something similar and work this into the item description:

I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled ...

Maybe along the lines of:
"I have been assured by a very knowing Sim of my acquaintance in (insert neighborhood name of choice), that a young healthy child well nursed is a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, baked, boiled, or ROASTED..."

(Link for anyone who has no idea where I'm getting this from.)
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2008 December 31, 08:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been calling it the babyque.  Cheesy But I need wording for the catalogue, so I will include that.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 31, 08:18:35 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: