PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:13:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PMBD Baby Roast
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PMBD Baby Roast  (Read 69130 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: PMBD Baby Roast
« Reply #75 on: 2009 January 01, 00:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I don't think Pescado understands democracy when it comes to projects.  Tongue

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 January 01, 00:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily rocks.

Also, Pescado likes non sequiter retorts.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 January 01, 01:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I don't think Pescado understands democracy when it comes to projects.  Tongue

Well, then he might end up having to mesh and texture this himself. Or, find people at Grah that can do it.  I thought this was going to be a PMBD project, not a Grah project, not a MATY project.  And I never would have agreed if I knew it was going to be  Pescado and "Staff" making all the rules.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 January 01, 02:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: pointless post ahead.
I'm farting hearts for Darq and Cala right now. It's actually nice to see people stand up for themselves once in a while. I agree that if you're going to do the work, you should pull the strings. I'm not good on the creating end, so can I just follow you two around and shine your shoes and stuff? Grin

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 January 01, 03:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can I just follow you two around and shine your shoes and stuff? Grin

I wear sneakers.

But I am also easily bribed with Diet Pepsi.   Grin

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 January 01, 03:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar also rocks, though Diet Pepsi is yucky Tongue.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 January 01, 03:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

though Diet Pepsi is yucky Tongue.

What?  You dare to mock the beverage of the GODS?  Grin   I figure with the amount I drink, if I get in an accident and lose a lot of blood, they can just pump diet pepsi in my veins and I'll be just fine!

Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 January 01, 04:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?  You dare to mock the beverage of the GODS?  Grin   I figure with the amount I drink, if I get in an accident and lose a lot of blood, they can just pump diet pepsi in my veins and I'll be just fine!

On the rare occasions when I order pop a carbonated beverage, I can never bring myself to order diet. It just tastes so...odd. And flat. I'd rather have the sickly sweetness of regular Pepsi/Coke.

I often get faint from having too much blood in my coffee stream, however, so I can't talk much about unusual beverage cravings.

CJane
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 January 01, 05:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha ha, yeah, same here. I hardly ever drink water...mostly Diet Pepsi. Diet Coke has a cloying aftertaste. Blech.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 January 01, 06:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unsurprised to discover my belief that the lot of you are feckless incompetents has been validated yet again. Is it any surprise that I chose to pick people who would bother to actually appear on time over those who stubbornly refuse to do anything other than pretending to work? The fact of the matter is that until you ACTUALLY FINISH SOMETHING, I will CONTINUE to see the lot of you as feckless incompetents and will CONTINUE to favor those who have ACTUALLY DONE WORK. Period.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 January 01, 06:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A non sequitur. Again. This time, formed as an insult in an attempt to weasel out of actually answering some very simple questions.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2009 January 01, 07:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey now, I wrote found a tongue-in-cheek classic blurb.  Totally finished.

You want to name the thing something along the lines of "All Your Baby Are Belong to Us."  Lame.  Sad

(I'm not joking about that babby being formed joke being old meme.)  I know you codgy old farts aren't very open to change, but one would think you'd prefer the thing from a couple centuries ago!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2009 January 01, 10:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then he might end up having to mesh and texture this himself. Or, find people at Grah that can do it.  I thought this was going to be a PMBD project, not a Grah project, not a MATY project.  And I never would have agreed if I knew it was going to be  Pescado and "Staff" making all the rules.

Agreed - if the people in grah were actually doing anything, then they should be doing the texturing and meshing, rather than believing that we would sign up for the "PMBD baby roast" and let nebulous staff do everything but the hard work.

I am unsurprised to discover my belief that the lot of you are feckless incompetents has been validated yet again. Is it any surprise that I chose to pick people who would bother to actually appear on time over those who stubbornly refuse to do anything other than pretending to work? The fact of the matter is that until you ACTUALLY FINISH SOMETHING, I will CONTINUE to see the lot of you as feckless incompetents and will CONTINUE to favor those who have ACTUALLY DONE WORK. Period.

Meanwhile, I am unsurprised that you are still persisting to ignore my questions.  You still haven't answered my questions, mainly because those answers will just confirm what I've said I won't participate in - namely people who do nothing whatsoever - and nothing to do with PMBD - calling the shots. You said you couldn't get the faffy artiste to create it, and it's such a shame you found one at PMBD who wasn't going to give it over to people who have nothing to do with any of this. Colour me unsurprised that no person from PMBD who participates here has piped up to say that they were saying such and such in grah. You don't want a faffy artiste - you want a workhorse with no sense of pride and fairness who'll let you and people in grah run roughshod over them. 

As for work, the only bloody person who has done any work whatsoever is me.  You haven't coded anything because I haven't sent you the files, and you can't be telling me that you got someone to mesh the food - particularly as you haven't also gotten them to mesh this project. And if you do, I look forward to downloading this - I don't actually have to do any work at all, and you can pack all the people not doing work but discussing it into the project as much as you like. I however, took you at your descriptor - that this would be a PMBD project - not one transplanted without control as if it is the brainchild and hard work of a different group of people. 

Your people who "appear on time" - where are their mesh tips? Where are their UV maps? Where is the coding on the non-released package files? The people who appeared on time haven't done a damn thing, except try to put their oars in as if they had anything whatsoever to do with this.

As for feckless incompetents - it is you who have failed us Pescado - you found nothing but people doing the actual work here, and you think to take it from them and dump it in the hands of some people who have done nothing whatsoever, except discuss how they'd like to contribute their way of doing something to something someone else has made. Not actual work mind you, but telling me and the rest of us how it should all be done, as if their opinion matters.  Constructing the catalogue description - surely the pinnacle of object creation  Roll Eyes - takes them a lot of hard work - all that typing, clicking commit and saving.  If you weren't surrounded by feckless incompetents, I would have downloaded the grah baby roaster ages ago. 

And if you believe, as the last bastion that if I came to grah I would be more likely to do what the people there say, you can just forget that idea.  I could sit in there until the sun explodes, and I'm not going to let your feckless incompetents treat me like a servant, nor the people here doing the work and getting involved like scum.

In fact, on the practical side, from what I've been reading about modding objects, groups in the mesh make all of the difference to the mod - you need to add extra groups to the mesh for the semi globals to work - so the groups need to be decided after the modding for this to work at all.  So before I regroup, I would have to send you the files without the new mesh, let you mod it, and then import the right groups to the mesh. So if you think you could take the raw mesh off my hands and do whatever the fuck you feel like, looks like that isn't going to happen that way either.

It is all hanging on you now - this decision is now yours.  I've sent the UV maps and temporary texture to Darqstar, and if naceygirl shows up again, and still wants to participate, I will pass them on to her as well - as well as anyone else from PMBD who wants to contribute.  So that's already under control. I will send you the raw files sans mesh, and then once you've modded it, I will import the groups and test it.  If you choose not to even vaguely acknowledge that you want those packages, then this failure and incompetence is all yours.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 January 01, 12:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meanwhile, I am unsurprised that you are still persisting to ignore my questions.  You still haven't answered my questions, mainly because those answers will just confirm what I've said I won't participate in - namely people who do nothing whatsoever - and nothing to do with PMBD - calling the shots.
You don't seem to be listening. Who said they were calling the shots? I am clearly calling the shots here.

You said you couldn't get the faffy artiste to create it, and it's such a shame you found one at PMBD who wasn't going to give it over to people who have nothing to do with any of this. Colour me unsurprised that no person from PMBD who participates here has piped up to say that they were saying such and such in grah. You don't want a faffy artiste - you want a workhorse with no sense of pride and fairness who'll let you and people in grah run roughshod over them.
No, I want people who will do the work in a timely fashion so we can proceed on schedule. I have therefore chosen from the pool of reliable people who I can count on to produce results. That is exactly what I want, and expect: Workhorses. You should know by now that I value reliability. You have offered none of this. As for pride, pride in a job that is complete. You have not done this, either. Let's just say there is a REASON I typically regard your kind as "faffy artistes". It is not a compliment. It is because you people have traditionally been completely unreliable.

As for work, the only bloody person who has done any work whatsoever is me.  You haven't coded anything because I haven't sent you the files, and you can't be telling me that you got someone to mesh the food - particularly as you haven't also gotten them to mesh this project. And if you do, I look forward to downloading this - I don't actually have to do any work at all, and you can pack all the people not doing work but discussing it into the project as much as you like. I however, took you at your descriptor - that this would be a PMBD project - not one transplanted without control as if it is the brainchild and hard work of a different group of people.
You still don't seem to get it. I have given YOU the opportunity to prove you can do that part. You, however, have not, instead complaining about how I have chosen others to contribute other parts of the project.

Your people who "appear on time" - where are their mesh tips? Where are their UV maps? Where is the coding on the non-released package files? The people who appeared on time haven't done a damn thing, except try to put their oars in as if they had anything whatsoever to do with this.
None of this has started yet, because A: You haven't finished the part of the process that proves you are actually serious, because, as I fully expected, you are unreliable.

As for feckless incompetents - it is you who have failed us Pescado - you found nothing but people doing the actual work here
I see no work. You appear to simply be a troublesome worker who drops all of the parts you are to assemble, stalling the line: A faffy artiste.

and you think to take it from them and dump it in the hands of some people who have done nothing whatsoever
Clearly, you don't understand how an assembly line process works.

Constructing the catalogue description - surely the pinnacle of object creation  Roll Eyes - takes them a lot of hard work - all that typing, clicking commit and saving.  If you weren't surrounded by feckless incompetents, I would have downloaded the grah baby roaster ages ago.
Maybe, except for your complete and utter failure to produce usable output. You have no one to blame for that but yourself. Since you have failed to produce any output, I see no reason why you should expect anyone else in the chain to be able to produce anything from your non-output.

And if you believe, as the last bastion that if I came to grah I would be more likely to do what the people there say, you can just forget that idea.  I could sit in there until the sun explodes, and I'm not going to let your feckless incompetents treat me like a servant, nor the people here doing the work and getting involved like scum.
Who said anything about doing what people there say? You'd be showing up to do what *I* say. What part of this do you not understand?

In fact, on the practical side, from what I've been reading about modding objects, groups in the mesh make all of the difference to the mod - you need to add extra groups to the mesh for the semi globals to work - so the groups need to be decided after the modding for this to work at all.
This may be so. If so, had you done what was requested, we would have two samples of the same mesh functioning as one or the other, and we would then figure out how to merge them, or get back to you with any questions.

So before I regroup, I would have to send you the files without the new mesh, let you mod it, and then import the right groups to the mesh. So if you think you could take the raw mesh off my hands and do whatever the fuck you feel like, looks like that isn't going to happen that way either.
That makes no sense at all. I have already explicitly stated what the objectives are. What about them do you not understand?

It is all hanging on you now - this decision is now yours.  I've sent the UV maps and temporary texture to Darqstar, and if naceygirl shows up again, and still wants to participate, I will pass them on to her as well - as well as anyone else from PMBD who wants to contribute.  So that's already under control. I will send you the raw files sans mesh, and then once you've modded it, I will import the groups and test it.  If you choose not to even vaguely acknowledge that you want those packages, then this failure and incompetence is all yours.
You are welcome to send them. If you have them. However, I do not believe they exist. I have seen nothing but empty lies, propaganda, and blather, and have more relevant matters to worry about. It comes down to the fact that you CLAIM you have them, and based on the available evidence, I have no reason to believe this and have neither time nor interest to entertain this nonsense. As the saying goes, "shit or get off the pot". If I check back later and do not see that you have produced the output necessary to proceed, I will be forced to conclude that it simply does not exist, and will declare this matter closed.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 January 01, 12:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unsurprised to discover my belief that the lot of you are feckless incompetents has been validated yet again. Is it any surprise that I chose to pick people who would bother to actually appear on time over those who stubbornly refuse to do anything other than pretending to work?

If you want to say that about me, that's fine, although I haven't even "pretended" to work.  I just got the map yesterday night.  I was out yesterday durring the day.  When I came home, I found out this project is up in the air, because you have decided to turn PMBD into a factory where you're the overseer and any idiot who can stumble his or her way into grah is is manager.  

But you have no right at all to accuse anyone else of not working.  Calalily has show you pictures of the mesh.  Quincta wrote up the blurb for the item, completely on her own, only to have you stomp on it. Nacegirl offered to help with the texturing too, and she can't be blamed, because she doesn't even have a texture map to work with.

The fact of the matter is that until you ACTUALLY FINISH SOMETHING, I will CONTINUE to see the lot of you as feckless incompetents and will CONTINUE to favor those who have ACTUALLY DONE WORK. Period.

What have they done?  Besides chat it up with you in grah, I mean.   Calalily has shown me she's made a mesh.  All I've seen from you is you snapping your fingers and attempting to control us as if we are children, desperate to please the bully of the school yard.  Well, the folks at MATY might be desperate to please you, the people who write Sims secrets telling the world how cuddly they think you are might be desperate to please you, but obviously Calalily isn't and you can add me to the list.  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: