PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 03:59:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PMBD Baby Roast
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PMBD Baby Roast  (Read 69160 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: PMBD Baby Roast
« Reply #30 on: 2008 December 30, 10:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, that's fine will just import the mesh - or I can send you the mesh alone, so that you can do the package magic.  As for the object itself, do you want the slot for the baby to be based on the cot, or based on the basegame bbq grill - that will make a difference as to height. 

And is that looking like what you want? The top bit will be a grill texture with a charbox underneath with a bit for coal texture.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 December 30, 11:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Import it as an object so you can test it! You should end up creating two "Versions", both with placeholder GUIDs instead of "Real" ones. Test to see that the object can, without any modification to the slottages and whatnot, function as both a grill and a crib without weird animation issues.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 December 30, 11:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Import it as an object so you can test it! You should end up creating two "Versions", both with placeholder GUIDs instead of "Real" ones. Test to see that the object can, without any modification to the slottages and whatnot, function as both a grill and a crib without weird animation issues.

Okay - will test it - that's no problem.  But the question still remains of basing it on height - do you want me to base it on the crib for height?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 December 30, 11:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not an issue I am personally acquainted with. Use whatever height makes the object FUNCTION when it is both a grill and a crib! Remember, QUALITY. I will scrap the project rather than accept a flawed item. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 December 30, 11:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not an issue I am personally acquainted with. Use whatever height makes the object FUNCTION when it is both a grill and a crib! Remember, QUALITY. I will scrap the project rather than accept a flawed item. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

The grill and the crib have different heights. This can easily be fixed by either by moving the slots in the crib (which I am not yet expert enough to do) or it can be fixed by adding the baby sleep animation to the grill (again - the modding is your bit).

Observe the height difference:

That makes a difference in the mesh - it cannot be based on both packages, and yet be one package. That's not how it works.  You can choose ways to do it, but before I can map or do anything, I need to know height because it effects the mapping.

Visit Calalilysims

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 December 30, 12:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not particularly well-acquainted with slotism. or how it works. How does the changing table height compare to grill height?

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 December 30, 12:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grill is good with changetable - so I'll base it on the changetable and have it mapped and ready for you sometime tomorrow. Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 December 30, 15:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, the things I miss by having the nerve to go to sleep at night!  Yes, I'm still willing to texture the baby roaster, I just need something to start with.  How fancy the texture will be determined by how well the thing is mapped. 

Are people going to want this thing to look old and charred or new and shiny?  Or, possibly both?

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 December 30, 15:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, the things I miss by having the nerve to go to sleep at night!  Yes, I'm still willing to texture the baby roaster, I just need something to start with.  How fancy the texture will be determined by how well the thing is mapped. 

Are people going to want this thing to look old and charred or new and shiny?  Or, possibly both?

Pescado says never sleep, but I can't master it.  Cheesy

I promise I will map well master, and will remap if needed. Once I have a map, I'll do a crap floodfill to show you which bits are which, as well as including the bare map. Smiley As for texturing, I shall leave that up to you. Cheesy 

Visit Calalilysims

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 December 30, 16:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado says never sleep, but I can't master it.  Cheesy

I wish I could just say "Screw sleep."  When I was younger, I'd do that, but eventually, it would catch up and fall asleep for several hours.   Grin 

I promise I will map well master, and will remap if needed. Once I have a map, I'll do a crap floodfill to show you which bits are which, as well as including the bare map. Smiley As for texturing, I shall leave that up to you. Cheesy 

Yeah, I came across a bit smarmy, didn't I?  I'm sorry for that.  It's just that I used to have people sending me stuff to recolor, custom meshes, and making ridiculous requests.  "I want the handles in purple, the top to be blue, preferably with a pattern of dancing, masturbating, monkeys, the legs to be one silver, one red, one pink, and one to have vines climbing up it.  The silver leg should have some claw marks in it, like a cat clawed it.  But not too many!   And I'd have to explain, "Uhm, that's going to be very hard to do, if all their map is one big texture."  Which, many times, it is, or else it's two simple ones, like in a glass and metal table, one for the legs, one for the top. 

But you're a excellent mesher, so of course you know about map difficulties.  Again, sorry to sound like I was being smarmy. 

FYI, I have a doctor's appointment in a  bit, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at the hospital overnight for "tests"  (Because my doctor will slam me overnight in the hospital for tests if I sneeze, and paranoid husband goes right along with it.)  So, if the texture has to be done today, there is probably not a chance.  But by tomorrow, I should have the time to do it. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 December 30, 16:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I came across a bit smarmy, didn't I?  I'm sorry for that. 

Cheesy I was being sincere - I will do whatever it takes not to have to texture. Tongue I haven't even finished or tested in game yet.  So all is well - on my tomorrow. Smiley

Edit: Okay, I need to stop now, but how does this look?

« Last Edit: 2008 December 30, 17:14:48 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 December 30, 18:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: will this really be submitted to the creator challenge? If so, do you all expect it to get accepted?

... just asking. Slightly scary project you've got going, I love it - goes along with the head cages from GOS the other week.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 December 30, 18:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: will this really be submitted to the creator challenge? If so, do you all expect it to get accepted?
Yes, we intend to do so. And I'm prepared to twist some arms to see to it that it does.

Oh, and see to it that it also simultaneously functions as a REGULAR grill. In addition to babies.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 December 30, 18:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see why they would refuse acceptance.  

Anything and everything related to kids: that is, infants, toddlers, and children. Cute cuddly fun stuff for the niblets! We hope this will be a fun theme that will allow creators from all areas to be inspired and participate.

It's not as if it's not up to standard either - so I don't think it wouldn't be accepted on the basis of crappiness.  Maybe they wouldn't want it in the creator challenge, but their words are kind of vague, and it fits the general description.  HP made a "cooking kid" sack too for a baby as a joke - so I don't think they'd find it too distasteful.  I think it's funny.  

Of course, if MTS2 did reject it, I would put it on my site, and I'm sure Pescado would post it - and recolourers would have their options to host it too (freesites only is my only limitation, while Pescado I know doesn't care).

Oh, and see to it that it also simultaneously functions as a REGULAR grill. In addition to babies.

Is this for me? I cannot do this Pescado - it has to be based on one package, and if you want it to be grill-like and baby accomodating, you need to mod it. I brought skills of an artist - modding is your job - importing semi-globals and such.  This is the stuff of my nightmares.

Visit Calalilysims

Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 December 31, 00:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, we intend to do so. And I'm prepared to twist some arms to see to it that it does.

Just curious: is this going to be coded so that the baby actually dies/disappears from the family when you roast it? Or is it just going to be a joke, where the baby gets stuck in it and psuedo-lit on fire, but actually survives?

Either way, if this pans out, I'm super-interested in seeing how it works. </nerd>

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: