PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 06:56:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 102286 times)
babajayne
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #255 on: 2006 December 29, 01:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "AnneBonny"
Quote from: "babajayne"
I smell bullshit. :roll:

Do tell. It's spewing forth from your mouth a mile a minute. Is TSR being threatened by The Site That Must Not Be Named? Will your 'job' be taken away if TSR ceases to bring in more customers? Is that why you are here "Miss Invisible" of TSR fuming and foaming to get into Tom's good graces to finally become noticed? How charming.  Smiley

As if that had anything to do with it.  I've never created a damn thing, you're free to check.

It doesn't matter anyway.  The average person is going to use TSR, not come here.  I don't feel threatened by you.  In fact, the people higher than me are laughing at you.

Me, I'm just trying to relate.  I do like to keep an open mind.  But these are some things I thought I'd mention, do you have an open mind?
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #256 on: 2006 December 29, 01:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade, thanks for the note but it was actually meant to be taken as sarcasm.  I'll do better to drip more acid into my written form the next time.  :wink:

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
jfade
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #257 on: 2006 December 29, 01:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade, thanks for the note but it was actually meant to be taken as sarcasm.  I'll do better to drip more acid into my written form the next time.  :wink:

Heehee, I figured so, but I just wanted that out there for reference as well, as many don't know that. Smiley
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #258 on: 2006 December 29, 01:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"implied agreement"?  I smell bullshit. :roll:

Then perhaps you should wipe your backside.  Because you are not supposed to be running a commercial site based of of selling what does not belong to you - package files.

The bullshit I'm smelling is people like yourself who try to evade EULAs when it is in their best interests, but whine about the injusices of people distributing their work against their will.

It doesn't matter anyway. The average person is going to use TSR, not come here. I don't feel threatened by you. In fact, the people higher than me are laughing at you.

And TSR among several other sites will use ham-fisted censorship to make sure this statement remains true.  Because if more people knew about this site, the majority of them would in fact not continue to pay TSR.
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #259 on: 2006 December 29, 01:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice. I touched a nerve with Miss Invisible of TSR. I do so adore it when people come here with malicous intent and then turn around to say, "Do you have an open mind?" As if you had an open mind to begin with coming here with the sole purpose of starting up drama for the sake of becoming noticed for the first time.  

If you know so much about the in's and out's of TSR then do take the time to explain the sudden drop in the FA's download counts and the amount of  subscription losses if more people are going to TSR?  Hmm? Come out with it I am willing to hear it with an open mind.

Pity, you mention that the people higher up than you are laughing at me? First off this only shows me that you at least know your role as a lapdog at Tom's throne. Good for you! Second, the laughter is on them for taking a site that actually worked as free site and later on creating a monstrous absurdity out of it. And third, I must be really good at intimidation. I didn't even have to threaten you to make you feel that you had to type the line of 'I don't feel threatened by you'.

Insert my laughter here. :wink:

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #260 on: 2006 December 29, 01:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some concerted TSR effort to infiltrate this site today? How come these patsies all signed up today?

Quote from: "babajayne"

It doesn't matter anyway.  The average person is going to use TSR, not come here.  I don't feel threatened by you.  In fact, the people higher than me are laughing at you.mind?

Well, obviously. I mean, isn't it your job to make sure it stays that way? You do moderate there, right? One of the censor nazis?

You wouldn't be very good at your job if the avg person were actually able to switch over here. :wink:
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #261 on: 2006 December 29, 01:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "idtaminger"
Is there some concerted TSR effort to infiltrate this site today? How come these patsies all signed up today?

I was wondering something along those lines.  There seems to be regular intervals between them.

What happens when all the cannon fodder is used up?

What will get sent in next?

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #262 on: 2006 December 29, 01:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO I am laughing my ass off at this thread now.

Baba-whatever, go back to Thomas, tell him he's a fucking asshole.  M'kay, pumpkin? Tongue

There is a general implied understanding when creating game content (and you don't work for a gaming company) that it is a hobby and not a job.  If you want to make it a job, go apply at a gaming company, don't try to illegally sell EA-derived works to poor, unsuspecting players who don't know any better.
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #263 on: 2006 December 29, 01:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"
Quote from: "idtaminger"

I was wondering something along those lines.  There seems to be regular intervals between them.

What happens when all the cannon fodder is used up?

What will get sent in next?

You'd think they'd want to send in people who could effectively argue a point.  Because if your mission is based on people who keep telling you that the EULA doesn't matter, but their own "rights" do, you've got someone who's not doing their job well.

There is a general implied understanding when creating game content (and you don't work for a gaming company) that it is a hobby and not a job. If you want to make it a job, go apply at a gaming company, don't try to illegally sell EA-derived works to poor, unsuspecting players who don't know any better.

Add to that the contracted agreement that when you do work for a gaming company, the content you make is also theirs, not yours.  If the people who make the code, textures, meshes, etc. at EB Games can't claim copyright over what they produce, what makes Joe Shmoe who frankencreated a derrivative work think they can claim copyright?  In spite of the false claims of vested interests, the EULA is an agreeement you make with the company.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #264 on: 2006 December 29, 01:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in the early days of MTS2, TSR did exactly that: sent their droogies to MTS2 to 'infiltrate'. JM will remember that....

I love it when someone as brainwashed as Ba-Ba Jayne comes along and says things so obviously deluded as "I have an open mind"  :lol: Cracks me up! "Say it and it will be so, grasshopper."  :lol:

Edit: That's just it: They don't have anyone that can effectively argue this point because their view of this point is so wacked out!
babajayne
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #265 on: 2006 December 29, 01:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As if you had an open mind to begin with coming here with the sole purpose of starting up drama for the sake of becoming noticed for the first time.

Oh you know me so well. :roll:
If you know so much about the in's and out's of TSR...

Do you read disclaimers?
...then do take the time to explain the sudden drop in the FA's download counts and the amount of  subscription losses if more people are going to TSR?  Hmm? Come out with it I am willing to hear it with an open mind.

It's probably because this site is here, offering it for free.  Or maybe it's a fluctuation in the economy.  I really don't care.
Pity, you mention that the people higher up than you are laughing at me? First off this only shows me that you at least know your role as a lapdog at Tom's throne. Good for you! Second, the laughter is on them for taking a site that actually worked as free site and later on creating a monstrous absurdity out of it. And third, I must be really good at intimidation. I didn't even have to threaten you to make you feel that you had to type the line of 'I don't feel threatened by you'.

Insert my laughter here. :wink:

Mock me all you like.  I expected as much from you.  And you asked me if TSR was threatened by The Site That Must Not Be Named.  I was assuming that question was directed at me, even though I already said I don't speak for TSR... since you seem to have missed the disclaimer in the first place.
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #266 on: 2006 December 29, 02:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"
Ba-Ba Jayne

Huh. I never noticed how sheep sounding her name was. Perfect fit, don't you think?
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #267 on: 2006 December 29, 02:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mock me all you like. I expected as much from you. And you asked me if TSR was threatened by The Site That Must Not Be Named. I was assuming that question was directed at me, even though I already said I don't speak for TSR... since you seem to have missed the disclaimer in the first place.

When you make a disclaimer, it's good form to avoid contradicting yourself, thus negating the disclaimer.

If you don't speak for TSR, then don't presume to speak for TSR.  It's really quite simple.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #268 on: 2006 December 29, 02:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: Ba-Ba --why would ANYONE willingly choose that is this place?? Very funny.
babajayne
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #269 on: 2006 December 29, 02:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's already my handle.  Should I be "coffeedrinker"?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: