PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 15:10:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"  (Read 40174 times)
tgriffy
ARR!

View Profile
New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 10, 13:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
Awesome! I'm going to go the email route as that seems to be the quickest. Did you see that they have "certification" from WWF here:
http://freenet-homepage.de/bluesea/page1149dbd6e83.html

I don't believe it's true certification simply because it's too small of a scan to see any verifiable detail.

Since Hawkgirl said it is real, I'll accept that.  I did download the image to see if I could blow it up some, but it doesn't come out very clear and it is written in German in any case.

Tim
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 10, 14:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure there are going to be some non-thinking sheeple who will go along with this, and get to feel virtuous when they do. It might be worth the price to them.

However, I would consider whether my $5.00 donation was going to get eaten away by PayPal and the website owners themselves, and exactly how much of my remaining hard-earned would actually go to UNICEF. I would then just go make a donation to UNICEF or WWF and move on.

Also, I think that since they do not say anything like "For every item you buy we will send $1.00 to UNICEF or WWF" they can get away with sending a total of $1.00 to the charities and keeping the full amount of every other donation for themselves. They don't say, "YOUR gift goes to UNICEF" after all. They don't send you a receipt stating that you recieved no goods or services for your donation so that you can deduct it on your income taxes, either. UNICEF and WWF do send you a receipt.

Anyone can say, "If you buy this, I will send a dollar to the Girls Scouts," or something. Even me.  :wink:

Still watching you guys
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 10, 14:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the Enayla skins too. That really sucks. I can't believe the morons in this community drove off one of the best creators we had. Is the animal army over at insim still active?

I can't seem to get into their guestbook. I don't intend to flame them, but I think they should know that selling Enayla's skins is not OK.

ETA: The guestbook can be accessed in Explorer, but not Firefox.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 10, 15:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"

ETA: The guestbook can be accessed in Explorer, but not Firefox.

I managed it fine in Firefox, and left a message in Babelfish German, which is probably all about my hovercraft being full of eels.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 10, 15:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed it fine in Firefox, and left a message in Babelfish German, which is probably all about my hovercraft being full of eels.

Fuck me, there went my coffee...lmao!

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 10, 16:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at their GB about an hour or so ago and there were a couple entries about Enayla's skins in there already.

I looked at the description on that set of sims - I can't really tell for sure because it's all farky, but are they trying to say it's just the sims without any content?  They're using her skins to sell 'facial features'?  So...you 'donate' and think you're getting those skins but you just get a plain vaniller sim with big ears?

Here's the wordage:

3 funny Elves created The Gift includes only
 by pussycat_110 from the facial features - no  
 Simforum.de Custom Content!

Here's the GB:

Koala Bear 10.09.2007 - 10:20  

Do you have permission to sell Enayla's skins? If not, please remove them because she has always shared her stuff for free.

Brad 10.09.2007 - 10:27  

Hmm. This could be a job for the Animal Army if Enayla's skins aren't removed. I'd love to see how this site handles them.  

Squirrel 10.09.2007 - 16:05  

Hello, I recently came across your site and the idea behind it is very interesting...

Unicef & the WWF,and other charities, do need our support and donations to keep them sustainably being able to help people
all other the world. I looked on both their websites, and saw no mention of this though, so I do hope this is
legit =/ If so, then how do you split it between the two charities? Its best to fund them regularly in amounts,
as this creates a sustainable flow of money (rather then tons in the summer, for example).And selling sim content is not a
very pro active way to raise money for charities, good intentions but there are other ways to raise money for charities,
and more successfully probably. It would be nice if you had a bar on your homepage to show how much you have raised, and
which charity it has gone too, individual projects that these characters are doing, etc...otherwise, this looks like a scam.

..continued in next entry Homepage-Bewertung:  

Toto 10.09.2007 - 16:51  

Ich hoffe, ihr verkauft nur die Sims als solche, und nicht Enayla's Skins mit ihnen - falls doch, seid ihr genau das, was die Community am wenigsten braucht.

redisenchanted 10.09.2007 - 17:16  

Even if you have good motives, you should not be selling Enayla skins. You should remove them promptly. I hope you are being honest, but there have been others in the sims community who have set up scams that looked very similiar.

RageRage 10.09.2007 - 17:24  

Stoppen Sie, die Häute von Enayla zu verkaufen! Sie wünscht sie Häute frei bleiben! Ich denke, daß dieser Aufstellungsort nicht zugelassen ist.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Ferris
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 10, 16:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like they fucked up the table for the elf sims.
Guess what they want to say is:"3 funny Elves created by pussycat_110 from Simforum.de The Gift includes only facial features no custom content!"
They're shown with Peggy hair, so I think you'll get the skintones but not the hair.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 10, 18:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guestbook's no longer working. That didn't take long.

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 10, 19:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
She posted some exclusive skins and eyes for that forum that she never posted anywhere else. If you don't have them let me know I'll send them to you.

Can I have these skins too?

JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 10, 19:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can still see it, RageRage.  I iz lame, using IE6.

I forgot to C/P this before, it's prior to the Koala post in my last...post.

Janice 10.09.2007 - 08:10  

Enayla wünscht nicht ihre verkauften skintones. Sie brechen sie Bezeichnungen des Gebrauches. Das ist falsch und keine Ursache kann es rechtfertigen. Traurig für die schlechte Übersetzung.

Homepage-Bewertung:  
*** Kommentar von Administrator ***
ACHTUNG! WIE GESCHRIEBEN, BIETET DIESER DOWNLOAD KEINE SIMS 2 FANOBJEKTE AN! DIESES SET BEINHALTET NUR DIE GESICHTSZÜGE! KEIN SIMS 2 CONTENT!!! DIE DOWNLOADS VON ENAYLA SIND NICHT ENTHALTEN UND NUR ZUR PRÄSENTATION VERWENDET WORDEN!

Babelfished:

Janice 10.09.2007 - 08:10 Enayla does not wish their sold ski clay/tone. They break it to designations of the use. That is wrong and no cause can it justify. Sadly for the bad translation. Homepage evaluation: *** comment of administrator *** NOTE! HOW WRITTEN, THIS DOES NOT OFFER DOWNLOAD A WINDSHIELD FRAME SECTION OF 2 FAN OBJECTS! THIS SET CONTAINS ONLY THE FACE COURSES! NO WINDSHIELD FRAME SECTION 2 CONTENT!!! THE DOWNLOADS FROM ENAYLA WAS NOT USED CONTAINING AND ONLY FOR THE PRESENTATION!

So it is as I thought - they're only using Enlaya skins to sell a big-eared sim.  Now with face!

The ol' bait and switch for charity?

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 10, 19:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever happened to truth in advertising? Yes, it looks very much like the bait and switch and maybe they ought to be outed on that. Ripping people off is bad enough, but to rip them off in the name of a charity? Puh-LEASE! Assholes...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 10, 19:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a comment in English. It does appear that they are not actually selling sims with Enayla's content. I'm not shedding any tears over the grief it's causing them though. :twisted:

"Do you have permission to sell Enayla's skins? If not, please remove them because she has always shared her stuff for free.
*** Kommentar von Dennis Kehr ***
No I do not have the Permission to sale them and I dont wann have them because I think its a great idea to share there Items for free! I DONT SHARE HER CREATIONS THE RELEVANT DOWNLOAD CONTAINS NO CC!!! PLEASE READ MY DESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU ASSUME ME SOMET "
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 10, 20:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:   That guy sounds madder than a bag of capslock keys.

Obviously there's a problem and people aren't understanding what exactly the download is.  Hey, here's an idea...

SHOW WHAT THE DOWNLOAD ACTUALLY IS!

oy.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 10, 21:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
PLEASE READ MY DESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU ASSUME ME SOMET "

His unreadable description? "THIS DOES NOT OFFER DOWNLOAD A WINDSHIELD FRAME SECTION" -- wtf?

Here's an idea: show what the download actually is. Then we will yell at you for something pertinent, rather than a misunderstanding caused by your own lies in advertising combined with your inability to write fluently in the language you have chosen.

JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 10, 22:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:   I forgot about the windshield frame section...now I can't stop giggling... :lol:

I'm done with diplomacy and convinced it's a scam.  There's no links at all to any of the charities, just pics that anyone can rip off a website, meaning you shall not pass GO without forking over to them first.

I call bullshit.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: